Whether you’re looking for the best Grand National betting sites, or looking to bet on the strongest contenders, Sportsbetting24 has you covered.
Our experts have put everything you could need to help you bet on the Aintree Grand National in one place. Keep scrolling to find a bookmaker, get Grand National betting advice from our experts, and even compare ante-post odds!
The 7 Best Grand National Betting Sites
Open Account Offer
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 300% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £30* in Bet Credits. Once released your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
– Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
– In market/fixture combinations that only have two or three potential outcomes (for example Soccer Full Time Result), where you have placed bets on more than one potential outcome, either pre-match or In-Play, only the outcome with your highest cumulative stake will count.
– Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
– Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
– Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
- The code CD365 doesn't change the welcome offer.
- Registration required.
*or currency equivalent
T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
100% Matched Free Bet Up To $100
- Max. Bonus Amount: $100
- Min. Odds for Qualifying Bet: 2.00
- Qualifying bet must be placed within 7 days of registering your account
- Restricted Payment Methods: PaySafe, Skrill, Neteller
- Cashed Out or Partially Cashed Out bets are not considered to be qualifying bets
- Void bets, Special Markets, BetBoosts, and Enhanced Accas are not considered to be qualifying bets
- Free Bet Rules
- Free bets can be used on any sports
- Your free bet can be used on a whole bet, or a number of smaller bets
- Profit Limit: Amount of stake
- Free bets will expire within 7 days
- No Wagering Requirements apply to this promotion
- 18+ New Customers only
- Residents of Canada only
- Full Terms and Conditions apply
- New Customers Only. Must be 18+.
- Deposit and bet £10 or more to receive a £30 free bet.
- A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/$10 placed on any sports markets
- Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded.
- Free bets credited within 24 hours after qualifying bet settlement and expire after 30 days
- Free bet stakes not included in returns
- Bets placed using free bets as the stake (in full or in part) will not qualify.
- Offer excludes customers who make their first deposit using any method other than Credit/Debit Cards or Applepay.
- Offer excludes customers who have not verified their phone number by SMS.
- The offer excludes the following bet types: Canadian, Goliath, Heinz, Lucky 15, Lucky 31, Lucky 63, Patent, Super Heinz, Trixie & Yankee.
- Full T&C’s apply – Gamble Responsibly .
- Only available to new William Hill customers in the UK or Ireland;
- Customers must sign up using Promo Code P30;
- Only one ‘new account offer' per person, household address, email address, debit/credit card number, or IP address is allowed;
- Duplicate accounts will not qualify for this offer;
- This Promotion is not available to new accounts depositing funds with Entropay, Paypal, Neosurf, iDeal, Paysafe, Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, Kalibra/Postpay;
- Offer will run from 00:01 on 12 November 2019 until 23:59 on 31 March 2020;
- Only available for customers who deposit in GBP pounds (£) sterling or Euro (€) currencies;
- Qualifying bet must be placed with a unit stake of £10/€10 or greater;
- For bets placed as an Each Way bet, only the win part for the bet will count towards to offer;
- Qualifying bet must be placed at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater;
- Qualifying bet must be placed on the William Hill Sportsbook site only;
- Qualifying bet must be struck using funds from your main balance;
- Qualifying bet can be pre-match or in-play;
- Cash in my bet is not available for bets placed that trigger a free bet as part of a promotion until at least one selection has been resulted or is In-Play. At this point, Cash in my bet will become available as long as all the other availability conditions are met;
- Free bets will be paid as 2 x £15/€15 denominations;
- Free bets can be used on any sportsbook product (excluding tote, pool, and lottery bets);
- Free bets will be available for 30 days;
- Free Bet is non-refundable and may not be withdrawn;
- Free Bet stake will be excluded from any winnings;
- Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed;
- Cash in my bet will be available for bets placed using a free bet (minus the value of the initial free bet);
- Player, country, currency, Market restrictions and terms apply.
Get up to £25 in free bets beginning with a Bet £10 Get £5 free bet then up to four more £5 free bets.
- After the initial £5 free bet you will receive a matched free bet equal to a 50% average of your next 3 qualifying bets up to £5.
- This will happen for every three qualifying bets up to four times for a maximum of £20 in free bets not including the original free bet.
- Maximum free bet received from 3 qualifying bets is £5 (must place an average of £30 in 3 bets to qualify for the full £5).
- Free bet stakes do not contribute towards the customers qualifying bets.
- Qualifying bet must be the first bet placed on the account to qualify for the first free bet.
- Minimum first bet of £10 or more to qualify.
- Maximum first free bet of £5. Minimum odds of 1/2 or greater required to qualify. For multiple bets the combined odds must be 1/2 or greater.
- Qualifying bets must be placed on sportsbook markets.
- Your free bet will be awarded in the currency your account is held in.
- Cashed out bets will not qualify towards your average stake.
- All acquired free bets gained through other promotions will be removed from this offer.
- Offer available to new customers only. The First free bet will be applied within 1 hour of settlement of the £10 qualifying bet.
- Each free bet after this will be applied within 1 hour of settlement and qualification criteria based on your average stake.
- Bets placed on the same selection multiple times will not qualify for this offer.
- Free bet cannot be used over the same selections. Free bet stakes will not qualify for this offer. Free bets cannot be transferred. Free bets will expire within 7 days.
- Free bet stakes will not be included in any free bet returns.
- Free bets will not qualify for any other special offers such as Cash Back Specials, BPG & Extra Places, etc.
- Qualifying bet must be placed within 30 days of account opening.
- Offer applies to UK (excluding NI) customers only.
100% of your first deposit up to $200 + $10 Casino Bonus!
- Minimum qualifying deposit: $10
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Payment method restrictions: Deposits made with PayPal, Entropay, Neteller, Paysafecard, and Skrill are not eligible for this promotion
- Sports Wagering requirement: 6x bonus amount
- Odds restrictions: 1.50 (1/2)
- Time limit: Wagering requirements must be met within 60 days
- Users must opt-in to this promotion
- Cashed out and voided bets do not contribute to the wagering requirements for this offer
- Once the bonus has been activated, users may not withdraw any funds until the wagering requirements have been completed
- This promotion is only available to users residing in Canada
- 18+, New Customers Only
- Breeders' Cup
- Queen Mother Champion Chase
- Hennessy Gold Cup
- Stayers' Hurdle
- bet365 Gold Cup
- Ryanair Chase
- Epsom Derby
- 2000 Guineas
- 1000 Guineas
- Epsom Oaks
- Belmont Stakes
- Preakness Stakes
- Royal Ascot
- Dubai World Cup
- Cheltenham Festival
- Kentucky Derby
- Champion Hurdle
- Racing Post Trophy
- Betfair Chase
- Melbourne Cup
- King George VI Chase
- Arc de Triomphe
- British Champions Fillies’ and Mares’ Stakes
- St Leger Stakes
- British Champions Sprint Stakes
— NOTE —
The 2021 Grand National will not be able to host spectators due to health and safety regulations. The races will go on, but fans will not be able to watch them in person. As in previous years, the Grand National will be available to watch on the BBC, and streamed live on several betting sites.
Grand National Odds
Grand National 2021 Main Contenders
Even though the 2021 Grand National is right around the corner, most bookmakers have ante-post betting available. With ante-post bets you lose if your horse doesn’t run, so they can be a risky proposition. However, the odds on offer offset the risk and if you want to enhance your chances of backing a winner at a huge price, then having an early bet on the 2021 Grand National is the way to go.
Trainer: Jonjo O’Neill
Cloth Cap may go down as one of the shortest-priced favourites in the history of the Aintree Grand National. The clear ante-post favourite, Cloth Cap has seen victories at Kelso and the Ladbrokes Trophy this season.
Of course, anything can happen at a Grand National, so nothing is in the bag quite yet. With the winner of the last two Grand Nationals, Tiger Roll, not heading to Aintree this year, this could just be Cloth Cap’s year.
Best Cloth Cap Ante-Post Grand National Odds: 5.00 bet365
Trainer: Tom Lacey
Having finished 2nd in December’s Becher Chase, there are high hopes for Kimberlite Candy this season. Having skipped the Swinley Chase at Ascot to make sure Kimberlite Candy was in top form, it’s clear to see that trainer Tom Lacey has his eyes on the Grand National this year.
With an excellent track record on heavy and soft ground, the right weather and conditions could see Kimberlite Candy taking home his biggest prize to date.
Best Kimberlite Candy Ante-Post Grand National Odds: 13.00 bet365
Trainer: Evan Williams
While Secret Reprieve isn’t guaranteed a run just yet, this Welsh National Trial winner shouldn’t be underestimated. The maximum permitted field is 40, with Secret Reprieve taking the 3rd alternate spot.
One thing punters should definitely keep in mind, though, is that even if Secret Reprieve gets to run, it won’t be with his usual jockey. Adam Wedge, Secret Reprieve’s regular jockey, will not be taking the saddle at this year’s Grand National, as he’s recovering from an injury. James Bowen is set to take the ride, and as the jockey who rode Secret Reprieve to the Welsh National victory, he’s likely a solid choice.
Best Secret Reprieve Ante-Post Grand National Odds: 15.00 bet365
Magic of Light
Trainer: Jessie Harrington
Magic of Light was the last Grand National’s runner up, and with Tiger Roll not making an appearance at the 2021 Grand National, people are expecting big things. And after winning the Newbury Mares’ Chase in December, Harrington may have a champion on her hands. And if Magic of Light wins, she’ll be the first mare to win the Grand National since 1951!
Punters would do well to remember that Magic of Light recently ran at Cheltenham, coming in 8th of 11 runners. After that disappointing showing, it’s likely that Harrington is going to make sure that Magic of Light is in top form for Aintree.
Best Magic of Light Ante-Post Grand National Odds: 20.00 Betfair
Trainer: Christian Williams
2020 saw tons of events being cancelled and replaced because of global health restrictions, with the Grand National being one of them. Potters Corner, however, was the “winner” of the 2020 Virtual Grand National, and is expected to do well in this year’s real race too.
Potters Corner has racked up other victories over the years too, most notably the 2019 Midlands National and Welsh National. Trainer Christian Williams seems to be confident in Potters Corner this year, and we definitely think that this is a horse to keep an eye on.
Best Potters Corner Ante-Post Grand National Odds: 25.00 bet365
Popular Betting Markets
If this is your first time betting on the Grand National, then we recommend taking a look at the
The simplest bet type you can place on the Grand National is a win single or each way single bet.
With a win single only finishing in first place will do, as your horse needs to win for you to collect. Each way bets are split between the win market and the place market, and with some bookies you can get enhanced each way terms of up to 8 places.
Make sure to shop around on Grand National Day for the best odds and take advantage of extra place specials. Bet365 and Paddy Power score well in those departments for the Grand National so they could be worth giving a chance to.
If you want to win big on the Grand National for small stakes, forecast and tricast bets are well worth checking out. You can place straight forecasts or tricasts and with those wagers you must predict the first 2 (forecast) or 3 (tricast) home in the correct order.
Combination forecasts and tricasts require you to pick the first 2 or 3 home in any order. A combination forecast contains 2 bets so a £5 bet combi forecast will cost £10. A combination tricast contains 6 bets, so a £5 combi tricast costs £30. In 2018 the Grand National forecast paid £246.37 for £1, while the tricast paid £9,439.25 for £1.
Number of Finishers
Another interesting market offered by some bookmakers is ‘Number of Finishers’. With this wager you need to accurately predict the number of finishers in the race.
With so many jumps and such a long distance, many horses don’t make it home and as an example, only 12 horses out of 38 starters reached the finishing line in the 2018 Grand National.
As a general rule, the heavier the ground the fewer finishers there will be, so if you decide to have a bet on the number of finishers keep an eye on the underfoot conditions. Betfair and Coral often have decent odds for the number of finishers market.
Tips for Betting on the Grand National
As the previous table shows, just backing favourites for the Grand National would leave you badly out of pocket. With 40 horses and some seriously scary jumps, luck plays a big part in this famous race. However, there are a number of Grand National tips and tricks that you can use to try and narrow the field:
- Age is more than just a number and it pays to concentrate on horses aged between 8yo-11yo.
- Weight is crucial and only one winner has carried more than 11st 6lbs since 1994.
- Course form is a huge plus and the Becher Chase is a good trial race to keep an eye on.
- Horses that have run well in the Irish Grand National often do well at Aintree too.
- Ground conditions are always crucial so keep a close eye on the weather forecast.
Last 10 Grand National Winners
|2019||Tiger Roll||G. Elliott||D. Russell|
|2018||Tiger Roll||G. Elliott||D. Russell|
|2017||One For Arthur||L. Russell||D. Fox|
|2016||Rule The World||M. Morris||D. Mullins|
|2015||Many Clouds||O. Sherwood||L. Aspell|
|2014||Pineau de Re||R. Newland||L. Aspell|
|2013||Auroras Encore||S. Smith||R.Mania|
|2012||Neptune Collonges||P. Nicholls||D. Jacob|
|2011||Ballabriggs||D. McCain Jr.||J. Maguire|
|2010||Don’t Push It||J. O’Neill||AP McCoy|
Grand National Betting FAQs
Which bookmaker has the best Grand National betting odds?
So far, it seems like bet365 have the best ante-post odds for the Grand National. Odds can differ from betting site to betting site and each-way terms can be different too. Our advice is to shop around and locate the very best odds for your selected wager. As a general rule, Ladbrokes, Bet365 and Coral are usually reliable when it comes to offering the best Grand National betting odds.
What UK betting site has the best Grand National betting promotions?
At the time of writing, promotions for the 2021 Grand National were thin on the ground. BetVictor have a great Grand National welcome bonus which we recommend checking out. In general, though, you can expect to see more than a few betting sites roll out promotion over the course of the event.
Can I stream the Grand National live with any UK betting sites?
Yes! Loads of UK Bookies allow punters to stream the Grand National live. Paddy Power, Betfred, bet365 and William Hill all allow their customers to stream the Grand National live. With most bookies, you need to place a minimum bet on the Grand National in order to stream it live. Minimum bet size can vary between bookmakers, so take your time and choose the bookie best suited to your punting habits.
What bets can I place on the Aintree Grand National?
For punters who are new to horse racing betting, we recommend sticking to win single and each way single bets to help keep things simple. However, you may want to take a look at our recommended Grand National betting markets to see what our experts have to say.