Online betting is universal regardless of your location. However, the betting offer can differ quite a lot. Based on years of market research, with the specific national law system in mind, online sportsbooks are without a doubt not the same everywhere. The objective of this page is to show you all betting sites, sorted by the markets in which they are available. In order to find out more about the online betting offer in your country of residence, just click on the country name, and you’ll find out!
Besides an extensive list of betting sites that are available to you, you will also get to learn more about your responsibilities as a punter, if there are any of course.
Is Online Betting Legal in My Country?
One of the most frequent questions we get on an almost daily basis is whether online betting is legal in a given country. This is a reasonable question, one that requires a close look and simple research. We’ve tried to cover the biggest and the most competitive online betting markets. On the other hand, we can’t cover all of them, and we can’t keep up with the latest details. However, we can keep an eye on this range of big and popular betting markets.
The best and easiest way to find out is to simply click on the country as we suggested earlier, and check out the page in detail. As you will see, there are countries where online betting is illegal, in other words, not allowed, yet there are online bookmakers which will gladly take your deposits and enable you to wager on your favourite sports and races.
Deposit and Withdraw With Ease – Recommended Payment Methods
Another important aspect that we cover in each of these pages are recommended payment methods. After all, you will have to deposit and hopefully, make a withdrawal at some point in time. It’s important that you choose a convenient and efficient payment method way before you actually need to make a withdrawal. Based on your location, different payment providers are available, ergo, a different selection of payment providers will be recommended.
In our opinion, every individual deserves to have a choice, the opportunity to choose between different options, that’s why we usually recommend at least 5 payment methods. We try to make this list of payment methods that enable punters to withdraw as well as deposit. However, as you will see, not all betting enthusiasts are fortunate to have as many options at their disposal.
The choice of currency is vital, but for the most part, this is not an issue, especially if you’re in the EU or the UK. If your currency is NOT accepted, it’s best to opt for USD if accepted or EUR, in that order.
Choice of Online Betting Promotions
Although not detrimental, they can be essential. Nevertheless, it all comes down to personal preference. Many punters love betting with betting promotions and bonus deals. Needless to say, free stuff is the best stuff, as long as the bonus terms are fair enough. Online sportsbooks usually focus on a range of markets, that being said, they do not apply “one marketing approach” in all markets. This is one of the underlying reasons why customers from only a few regions are eligible for Free Bets, Welcome Bonuses and Betting Promotions such as Enhanced Odds.
Note, pay attention to the line which applies to the payment method you use to make the deposits. In most cases, Skrill, NETeller, PayPal and a few other e-Wallets are completely excluded from betting promotions. Even if your e-wallet deposits qualify for some betting bonus deals, chances are, they’re available to existing customers only. It’s recommended that you make your first deposit with a credit or debit card, or an alternative to e-Wallets payment method.
Online Bookmakers Focusing on Your Country of Residence
Like we recommend payment methods, we also recommend the best betting sites that will take your wagers. Now, we don’t consider the fact that you can join only, but instead, we go across all other aspects, such as betting promotions, payment methods, customer support, and we consider this from your own perspective.
The “local” betting experience can make a huge difference. Being able to talk to the customer support agents in your mother tongue, depositing with your leading national payment provider, and/or taking full advantage of all available betting bonus deals sure sounds appealing. Well, in order to find such a bookmaker, all you have to do is stick to your advice. We always base our lists on well thought out criteria. And yes, we’re unbiased!
Unlike the payment methods we recommend, we try these lists to include at least 7 online betting sites. Markets like the UK and Germany are at the apex, and we can easily point out more than 20 sportsbooks that can take good care of any punter residing in these countries. On the other hand, customers coming from Canada or New Zealand are not in an as much favourable position.[select_bonuses object=”25″ bonus=”1212″]
What are Your Fellow “Country-punters” Betting On?
In recent times, online sportsbooks have become rather similar. The interface might be different, but the odds and sports that are in the spotlight can be very different. Sure, we consider the seasonal competitions, but it’s highly unlikely that two betting sites will offer the same identical odds. It’s impossible to track all odds, but we can point out which betting sites are best for you, simply by taking into close consideration the sports that are the focal point. To illustrate, football and cricket are popular in the UK, but other EU punters are not interested in cricket, at all! On the other end of the world, Aussies are extremely passionate about horse racing and betting on racing in general.
How do we do this? Betting features are one thing that can set aside a betting site. Is it some sort of an acca which qualifies only for football betting? Are there special horse racing betting features? Is there a special in-play betting feature? Since there are hundreds of thousands of punters, we can somewhat easily point out the sportsbooks that you will enjoy based on this criteria.
- New Customers Only. Must be 18+.
- Deposit and bet £10 or more to receive a £30 free bet.
- A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/$10 placed on any sports markets
- Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded.
- Free bets credited within 24 hours after qualifying bet settlement and expire after 30 days
- Free bet stakes not included in returns
- Bets placed using free bets as the stake (in full or in part) will not qualify.
- Offer excludes customers who make their first deposit using any method other than Credit/Debit Cards or Applepay.
- Offer excludes customers who have not verified their phone number by SMS.
- The offer excludes the following bet types: Canadian, Goliath, Heinz, Lucky 15, Lucky 31, Lucky 63, Patent, Super Heinz, Trixie & Yankee.
- Full T&C’s apply – Gamble Responsibly .
What Should I know before I Start Betting Online?
First and foremost, you must know whether online betting is legal in your country. If yes, then you have the opportunity to choose from a wide array of betting sites. On the other hand, if it’s not, you have to be careful where you place your bets. Moreover, if this is the case, consider joining a reliable betting site which accepts Bitcoin deposits.
Check out which payment method is best suited for punters in your region. Then, you can consider some betting promotions. Sometimes, it’s better to put bonus deals, free bets and enhanced odds deal on a pedestal. They’re not game changers, but they still make an incremental change.
Taxes are another thing that might come into question. A decade ago, punters from certain countries had to pay taxes on their winnings themselves. Following the efforts of adamant bookmakers, now, the bookies pay the taxes. However, we’re not accountants, and we have no insight into the specific tax laws in your country. It’s always best to consult with a local accountant, especially if you’re into betting with high stakes.
- New 18+ UK customers only
- Sign up using promo code ‘SPORTS70’
- Deposit and place first sports bet of £10+ in one transaction at cumulative odds of Evens (2.0)+
- Qualifying bet must be settled before 23.59 on 03/01/2022
- First bet must be on sports
- £40 in free bets credited within 48 hours of bet settlement
- Max30 free spins on Blue Wizard at £0.10 per spin
- Bonuses have a 7-day expiry
- Payment restrictions apply
- SMS verification and/or proof of I.D and address may be required
- Full T&C’s apply – Gamble Responsibly – www.begambleaware.org #ad
Best International Online Betting Sites
The following 3 betting sites have stood out from the pack, demonstrating great attention to detail, yet attention that considers many betting markets. In other words, they are the best international betting sites that we recommend.
This is why you will see them on many lists, in many different markets. Two of the three are household names, synonyms for sports betting, but online gaming as well!
William Hill has been around for more than half a century, and it’s here to stay. It’s a betting behemoth that entertains millions of customers from all corners of the world. With licenses in the UK, Gibraltar, Spain and Australia, it truly has a global reach. It’s one of our favourites because of its frequent bonus offers for existing customers, the wide range of payment methods accepted, and it literally has one of the most comprehensive odds offers available.
As far as security goes, it’s second to none. Its reputation precedes itself, which is why many new punters choose William Hill as their first and at times, only betting site for a rather long period of time.
- Only available to new William Hill customers in the UK or Ireland;
- Customers must sign up using Promo Code P30;
- Only one ‘new account offer’ per person, household address, email address, debit/credit card number, or IP address is allowed;
- Duplicate accounts will not qualify for this offer;
- This Promotion is not available to new accounts depositing funds with Entropay, Paypal, Neosurf, iDeal, Paysafe, Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, Kalibra/Postpay;
- Offer will run from 00:01 on 12 November 2019 until 23:59 on 31 March 2020;
- Only available for customers who deposit in GBP pounds (£) sterling or Euro (€) currencies;
- Qualifying bet must be placed with a unit stake of £10/€10 or greater;
- For bets placed as an Each Way bet, only the win part for the bet will count towards to offer;
- Qualifying bet must be placed at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater;
- Qualifying bet must be placed on the William Hill Sportsbook site only;
- Qualifying bet must be struck using funds from your main balance;
- Qualifying bet can be pre-match or in-play;
- Cash in my bet is not available for bets placed that trigger a free bet as part of a promotion until at least one selection has been resulted or is In-Play. At this point, Cash in my bet will become available as long as all the other availability conditions are met;
- Free bets will be paid as 2 x £15/€15 denominations;
- Free bets can be used on any sportsbook product (excluding tote, pool, and lottery bets);
- Free bets will be available for 30 days;
- Free Bet is non-refundable and may not be withdrawn;
- Free Bet stake will be excluded from any winnings;
- Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed;
- Cash in my bet will be available for bets placed using a free bet (minus the value of the initial free bet);
- Player, country, currency, Market restrictions and terms apply.
Unlike William Hill, Unibet is a relatively new betting site if we compare it with the pioneering WillHill. It attracts punters with its simple design, advanced betting features and the outstanding customer management. Customized, frequent bonus deals are on the menu, but so is a highly-skilled, easily reachable customer support department. There are a dozen different pages, and their purpose is to offer punters the local betting experience. Make sure you’re betting at the appropriate Unibet domain.
- £40 Money Back as Bonus on Your First Bet + £10 Casino Bonus.
- The minimum qualifying deposit is £10.
- You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at odds of 2/5 (1.40) in the Sportsbook, 25x for Casino.
- Your first bet is not considered to be a qualifying bet if betting on horse racing, greyhound racing, trotting, and/or virtual sports
- Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus
- The bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in.
- No deposit required for NI customers
- This offer applies to your first bet only. If you win your first bet the bonus has been used. If you place a system bet only the first settled column of £10 or higher will count towards the bonus.
- New Customers Only. 18+, Further T&Cs Apply.
An online sportsbook which needs no introduction, bet365 has topped the lists for years now. Thanks to their aggressive marketing and all-round betting offer, it’s the favourite of punters from the UK, Australia, but many other regions in the EU as well. Surprisingly, it’s the go-to bookie for Eastern European punters! There are many reasons why bet365 has maintained such an enormous customer base, and because of this, it’s best if you visit their site, and check out its qualities first-hand.
Open Account Offer
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 300% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £30* in Bet Credits. Once released your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
– Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
– In market/fixture combinations that only have two or three potential outcomes (for example Soccer Full Time Result), where you have placed bets on more than one potential outcome, either pre-match or In-Play, only the outcome with your highest cumulative stake will count.
– Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
– Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
– Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
- The code CD365 doesn’t change the welcome offer.
*or currency equivalent
T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
Online Sportsbooks Restricted Countries Lists
Our betting site reviews include the sportsbook featured markets, in other words, which regions are the priority. However, we also display the full list of restricted countries. The outcome which you don’t like is having your bets and winnings voided just because you made a breach of terms, for joining from a territory which is blocked. Some punters attempt to trick the IP recognition systems by using VPNs and other IP cloaking software. Let’s not forget the KYC procedure which every punter must go through. This is not the main purpose of the KYC, however, it is an obstacle for such punters.
If your country is on the restricted territory list, it’s best to look for other options. Some betting sites have the audacity to accept deposits from customers located in these territories, only to have the money confiscated once the KYC is processed.
Native Mobile Betting Apps – Not Available in ALL REGIONS
Mobile betting apps are the pinnacle of online betting. Being able to place a bet anytime and anywhere is a milestone which was achieved soon after the introduction of smartphones. Besides highly sophisticated, yet data demanding mobile web apps, online sportsbooks offer native mobile apps for Android and iOS. These apps, once downloaded, allow punters to bet with greater convenience because they perform way better.
It’s important to note that such online betting apps are not available worldwide. For the time being, punters from the UK have all betting apps at their disposal. They can easily download them from the respective app store, be that Google Play Store and/or iTunes. We wanted to bring this up because many punters have gotten back to us saying how they can’t download the apps to their mobile devices. The thing is, they’re not available internationally. These apps are market-specific.
Online Betting Internationally FAQs
Can I bet online?
It all depends on your local regulations. Online betting can be legal, illegal or unregulated. If it’s unregulated, chances are bookies will accept your deposits and they will allow you to place real money bets. If it’s illegal, reputable bookies will block access. In order to find out, just check the list of restricted countries we display in each review.
Can I take advantage of Free Bets?
If you’re from the United Kingdom, rest assured that you are eligible for all bonus offers. However, if the bookie doesn’t hold a UK license, you cannot even join the said sportsbook, let alone claim Free Bets. In other words, if you’re given access to the sportsbook, it’s 99% likely that you are eligible for betting bonus offers, including Free Bets. Take a look at our section Online Betting Site Promotions for more information.
How does online betting work?
It’s the same as going in a betting shop, but way more convenient. The same land-based bookies that we pass by every day, have their own online websites. The odds are on display, and in practice, you’re betting AGAINST the bookie. You deposit, you choose the betting markets and you bet on a given outcome. Once the bet is settled, you know whether you’ve won or you’ve lost.
Which online betting site is the best?
There’s no one betting site that’s “the best”. However, there a few that without a doubt are at the “apex of the betting chain”. Bookies like William Hill, bet365 and Unibet will not disappoint, regardless of your current location. Another thing which you should consider is which sports you want to bet on. For example, if you’re into Horse Racing, William Hill is the bookie to choose.