Open Account Offer
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 300% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £30* in Bet Credits. Once released your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
– Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
– In market/fixture combinations that only have two or three potential outcomes (for example Soccer Full Time Result), where you have placed bets on more than one potential outcome, either pre-match or In-Play, only the outcome with your highest cumulative stake will count.
– Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
– Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
– Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
- The code CD365 doesn’t change the welcome offer.
*or currency equivalent
T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
- £40 Money Back as Bonus on Your First Bet + £10 Casino Bonus.
- The minimum qualifying deposit is £10.
- You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at odds of 2/5 (1.40) in the Sportsbook, 25x for Casino.
- Your first bet is not considered to be a qualifying bet if betting on horse racing, greyhound racing, trotting, and/or virtual sports
- Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus
- The bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in.
- No deposit required for NI customers
- This offer applies to your first bet only. If you win your first bet the bonus has been used. If you place a system bet only the first settled column of £10 or higher will count towards the bonus.
- New Customers Only. 18+, Further T&Cs Apply.
Up to £100 Extra Winnings on your first LeoVegas SPORT bet.
- The maximum bet is £10 on odds of 2.0 (1/1) or higher.
- Only applies to first qualifying bet.
- Should you place a combination bet the total odds must be 2.0 (1/1) or higher.
- The qualifying bet must be placed with real funds.
- Skrill/Neteller deposits do not qualify.
- The qualifying bet has to be placed within 7 days from the first deposit.
- 18+, New Customers Only.
100% of your first deposit up to $200 + $10 Casino Bonus!
- Minimum qualifying deposit: $10
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Payment method restrictions: Deposits made with PayPal, Entropay, Neteller, Paysafecard, and Skrill are not eligible for this promotion
- Sports Wagering requirement: 6x bonus amount
- Odds restrictions: 1.50 (1/2)
- Time limit: Wagering requirements must be met within 60 days
- Users must opt-in to this promotion
- Cashed out and voided bets do not contribute to the wagering requirements for this offer
- Once the bonus has been activated, users may not withdraw any funds until the wagering requirements have been completed
- This promotion is only available to users residing in Canada
- 18+, New Customers Only
£10 First Matched Free Bet
- Maximum Free Bet Value: £10
- Minimum Qualifying Deposit: £10
- Eligible Payment Methods: Debit Cards
- Customers must place a qualifying bet to activate their Free Bet bonus
- Qualifying Bet Minimum Odds: 1.75 (3/4) or higher
- Free bets will expire 7 days after receipt, even if not activated
- All returns from bets placed with a free bet do not include the free bet stake
- The Free Bet cannot be used to place multi-line multiple bets (e.g. Trixie’s, Patents, Yankees etc.)
- If a free bet is used on a selection that becomes voided, the free bet will be returned to your account
- A redeemed Free Bet will not count towards qualification to view streamed events
- 18+, New Customers only, residents of the UK only
- Full T&Cs apply
Deposit and Get 2 x $30 Free Bets
- Valid on:1st Deposit of $30 or more
- Select bonus in cashier
- Wagering Requirements: 0
- This promotion is available to customers who are making their first deposit of $30 or more. Click ‘or see available bonuses’ in the Cashier and select your bonus.
- 2x $30 Free Bets will be credited after making a qualifying deposit. A NZ$30 Free Bet is available instantly while the second one is credited once the initial Free Bet has been used (and settled).
- Free Bet winnings are paid in cash. No wagering.
- Free bets must be placed at odds below 50.0. Free bets placed above odds of 50.0 may result in bonus cancellation and winnings being voided.
- Free bet stakes are not returned with any winnings. Each-way markets are excluded. If a free bet is settled as ‘void’, free bets will not be returned. Cashout and partial cashout are unavailable when using Free Bets.
- Free bets must be used within 30 days of making your first deposit
- Your initial deposit must be wagered before a withdrawal can be requested.
- This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with, or to contribute to the eligibility for, any other promotion.
- This offer is available until stated otherwise.
- Deposits with Skrill and Neteller do not qualify for this promotion.
- Currency equivalents apply.
- 18+, New Customers only
- Full Terms and Conditions apply
- Only available to new William Hill customers in the UK or Ireland;
- Customers must sign up using Promo Code P30;
- Only one ‘new account offer’ per person, household address, email address, debit/credit card number, or IP address is allowed;
- Duplicate accounts will not qualify for this offer;
- This Promotion is not available to new accounts depositing funds with Entropay, Paypal, Neosurf, iDeal, Paysafe, Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, Kalibra/Postpay;
- Offer will run from 00:01 on 12 November 2019 until 23:59 on 31 March 2020;
- Only available for customers who deposit in GBP pounds (£) sterling or Euro (€) currencies;
- Qualifying bet must be placed with a unit stake of £10/€10 or greater;
- For bets placed as an Each Way bet, only the win part for the bet will count towards to offer;
- Qualifying bet must be placed at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater;
- Qualifying bet must be placed on the William Hill Sportsbook site only;
- Qualifying bet must be struck using funds from your main balance;
- Qualifying bet can be pre-match or in-play;
- Cash in my bet is not available for bets placed that trigger a free bet as part of a promotion until at least one selection has been resulted or is In-Play. At this point, Cash in my bet will become available as long as all the other availability conditions are met;
- Free bets will be paid as 2 x £15/€15 denominations;
- Free bets can be used on any sportsbook product (excluding tote, pool, and lottery bets);
- Free bets will be available for 30 days;
- Free Bet is non-refundable and may not be withdrawn;
- Free Bet stake will be excluded from any winnings;
- Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed;
- Cash in my bet will be available for bets placed using a free bet (minus the value of the initial free bet);
- Player, country, currency, Market restrictions and terms apply.
- New Customers Only. Must be 18+.
- Deposit and bet £10 or more to receive a £30 free bet.
- A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/$10 placed on any sports markets
- Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded.
- Free bets credited within 24 hours after qualifying bet settlement and expire after 30 days
- Free bet stakes not included in returns
- Bets placed using free bets as the stake (in full or in part) will not qualify.
- Offer excludes customers who make their first deposit using any method other than Credit/Debit Cards or Applepay.
- Offer excludes customers who have not verified their phone number by SMS.
- The offer excludes the following bet types: Canadian, Goliath, Heinz, Lucky 15, Lucky 31, Lucky 63, Patent, Super Heinz, Trixie & Yankee.
- Full T&C’s apply – Gamble Responsibly .
100% Matched Free Bet Up To $100
- Max. Bonus Amount: $100
- Min. Odds for Qualifying Bet: 2.00
- Qualifying bet must be placed within 7 days of registering your account
- Restricted Payment Methods: PaySafe, Skrill, Neteller
- Cashed Out or Partially Cashed Out bets are not considered to be qualifying bets
- Void bets, Special Markets, BetBoosts, and Enhanced Accas are not considered to be qualifying bets
- Free Bet Rules
- Free bets can be used on any sports
- Your free bet can be used on a whole bet, or a number of smaller bets
- Profit Limit: Amount of stake
- Free bets will expire within 7 days
- No Wagering Requirements apply to this promotion
- 18+ New Customers only
- Residents of Canada only
- Full Terms and Conditions apply
- 18+, New customers only
- You must Opt-in to this promotion on sign-up to qualify for it
- Minimum qualifying deposit: €10
- Only combo bets (min. 2 selections) will count as a qualifying bet
- Wagering Requirement: 6x deposit + bonus
- Bets must be made at minimum odds of 2.0
- Deposits made by Skrill, Moneybookers, Paysafe Card or Neteller will not qualify for this promotion
- Users have 30 days to redeem their deposit bonus
- Free bet stakes not included in returns
- Residents of following countries not eligible: Albania, Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Pakistan, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Spain, Ukraine.
- full T&C’s apply – www.begambleaware.org
Visit Pinnacle and discover a variety of betting promotions and competitive odds!
- 18+ Only!
Welcome Bonus of 100% up to $/€122 + 22 Bet Points.
- The minumum qualifying deposit is $/€1.
- This bonus is available to sports customers only.
- The bonus amount must be wagered 5 times on accumulators of at least 3 selections, with minimum odds of 1.40 per selection.
- Residetns of Croatia, Hungary and/or Serbia are not eligible for this bonus offer.
- 18+, New Customers Only.
- Max Bonus Amount: €200 (or currency equivalent)
- Wagering Requirements: 20x bonus amount
- Bonus Code: BETBONUS
- Min Odds: 1.85
- Cancelled and refunded bets do not count towards wagering requirements
- 18+, New Customers only
- Full Terms & Conditions apply
Betting bonuses are the first component which is available with online betting only. They come in several shapes, and in many sizes. The difference between a good online betting bonus with favourable terms and one with poor qualities isn’t easy to notice. Punters are bombarded with lots of numbers which while easy to analyse, create a lot of noise that confuses new online bettors. This is where our list of betting bonuses comes into place.
In our betting site reviews, we go cover all points that can impact your experience should claim the available bonuses. The bonus terms define the offer.
The best indicator of how well the UK online betting market is doing is the number of new betting sites going online. The majority of new sportsbooks are launched by already established betting operators, well-known to the community. However, once in a while we see a new independent online bookmaker. This is a hit or miss, but it all depends on the timing of the launch and the overall capabilities of the company. New betting sites are the nudge online betting pioneers need to keep evolving and improving.
Diversity matters, whether it’s betting markets, sports or the even the interface, betting operators have made sure there’s plenty of it. Sports is the keyword and in particular sports events. We’ve prepared lists of betting sites for most popular sports, like football, cricket and horse racing among others. Bookies like to meet the customers’ needs, after all, it’s their ultimate objective. However, it’s also worth noting that bettors come with different criteria and personal preferences when it comes to betting online. This is why certain operators offer more in terms of bonus offers and odds for certain sports.
Bet on Football, Horse Racing, Cricket and More!
One question we get a lot from people curious to get started with online betting is: “What sports can I even bet on?” The answer is all of them, and more.
Whether you want to place bets on the most popular choices like football, or a more niche sport like snooker or darts, bookmakers run bets on all of them.
If you’re new to online betting, you might want to take a look at the most popular sports to bet on. It’s even likely that you’re already a fan of one or more of these sports.
When it comes to online betting, cricket is definitely a popular choice in the UK, as well as in countries like India and Bangladesh. As we detail on our page about cricket online betting, cricket is a sport that creates tons of different betting opportunities. From the wide array of cricket betting markets that most betting sites feature, to the amount of high-profile cricket events that take place each year. Fans of cricket are most certainly spoiled for choice when it comes to picking a good cricket betting bookie.
There’s a reason that we call football “The Beautiful Game”. For many out there, football is time-honored hobby, and an essential part of their national identity. The UK has been playing football as we know it for more than 150 years, and betting on it for just as long. If you’re already a footie fan, then getting started with football betting is easy enough. Head to our page on online football betting to learn how football betting markets work, how to find the best odds, and even get some tips from our football betting experts.
You don’t need to go all the way down to the tracks to enjoy a day at the races anymore! Betting on horse racing is nothing new to the UK, only now you can do that from the comfort of your own home, or on your phone while out and about. If you’re the market for a decent horse betting bookie, we recommend heading to horse racing section where we feature the top betting site picks!
Another unique and popular sport for punters is Tennis. Whether it’s a Singles or a Doubles match, if an event like Wimbledon or the French Open is happening, then thousands of punters are placing bets. Fans of tennis who have never tried betting on it before would likely do well to check out our guide to betting on tennis. You can find information like where to enjoy the best live tennis betting, what markets we recommend betting on, and much more.
Tons of Events and Tournaments to Bet on
When it comes to planning out your online betting strategy, one of the best things you can do is target specific tournaments and events you want to bet on throughout the year. The most casual punters will just bet on events like the Premier League or the FIFA World Cup, but more experienced punters know exactly which tournaments they’re going to target throughout the entire year.
This is why we’ve set up pages for a wide array of tournaments. Each tournaments page includes basic information for new punters, which betting markets we recommend targeting, a list of recommended bookies, and much more. We even get our resident experts to provide betting advice and tips for each tournament.
We mentioned the four most popular sports to bet on in our section on sports betting above. Here are the most popular tournaments to bet on for each of those sports, allowing you to plan out your bets months in advance:
|Sport||Tournaments to Bet on|
|🏏 Cricket||The Ashes|
|Indian Premier League|
|Australia Big Bash League|
|⚽ Football||Premier League|
|The Euro Cup|
|🏇 Horse Racing||The Royal Ascot|
|Hennessy Gold Cup|
|The French Open|
|The US Open|
Unbiased UK Betting Site Reviews
All the online betting sites featured on Sportsbetting24 are reviewed by one of our experts. Unlike some other betting reviews out there, Sportsbetting24 reviews are completely honest and unbiased. We examine each betting site from a number of different angles so that our readers don’t need to do any of the heavy lifting.
Whether you need to know about a betting site’s payment methods, what kind of bonuses they offer, or how efficient their customer care is, our reviews cover all that and more. All bookmakers are tested the same, including the best betting sites and the ones that might reach the top. Not only do we cover topics like how well a bookmaker’s live betting suite works or how wide their betting market offerings are, but we look into how safe user’s data is with each bookmaker.
We do our best to ensure that all bonuses on our reviews are kept up to date (more on this below), as well as keeping every other part of our in-depth reviews as current as possible.
Recommended Payment Methods for Online Betting Sites in the UK
The online betting market in the UK is regulated by strict rules and conditions. Due to this, betting sites also end up meeting the requirements of popular payment methods like PayPal and Apple Pay. This means that punters in the UK have a wider selection of quality payment method options than anywhere else.
If you’re new to the world of online betting, or you’re looking to change how you make your betting site deposits and withdrawals, we recommend taking a look at the below table. These are the most popular payment methods used on betting sites today.
PayPal and Apple Pay are the most popular payment methods for online betting in the UK. It isn’t hard to see why, either. What both of these have in common is that they’re extremely convenient. If you’ve done any online shopping in the past decade, you likely already have a PayPal account. It’s a payment method that doesn’t include any sort of learning curve for many punters. Similarly, Apple Pay is already used by hundreds of thousands of people in the UK who own Apple devices like iPhones and MacBooks.
One restriction that’s specific to the UK, though, is the ban on credit cards. As of April 2020, the UKGC banned the use of credit cards on online bookmakers and casinos. This made the payment methods listed above even more popular for punters, especially those which they were already using for other online payments.
Betting Bonuses, Promotions, and Free Bets
If you’ve ever tried online betting before, then you’ve definitely noticed that betting bonuses and promotions are the norm. Almost every bookmaker features a welcome bonus, with many also including promotions and bonuses for their existing, registered users.
Once again, punters in the UK are in the luckiest position when it comes to safety. The UKGC and ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) have made it mandatory for online betting sites to clearly display bonus terms and conditions wherever these offers are promoted. This makes it much harder for bookmakers to use bonus offers that are almost impossible to redeem as a tool to draw new punters in.
Online betting bonuses come in a variety of shapes and sizes, as we detail on our bonuses page. The easiest way to think of these betting offers is to split them into bonuses for new customers and bonuses for existing users.
These are the kinds of bonuses that online betting sites use to attract new customers. As we mention in our guide to welcome offers, these are most often deposit bonuses. The kinds of offers with taglines that read “100% Up to £50 on your First Deposit”. These are offers that multiply your initial deposit with bonus funds, and require punters to wager those funds a certain number of times before they can be withdrawn as real money.
You also often see free bets used as a welcome bonus. Offers like “Bet £10, Get £30 in Free Bets” reward new customers with wager-free bets to help them get started. And as we review all UK online betting sites, we collect and showcase all free bet offers, and make sure they are updated accordingly!
Promotions for Existing Users
Many betting sites have promotional offers beyond the welcome bonus. With so many online betting providers offering such enticing bonuses to new users, bookies need to work hard to keep their punters.
Many bookmakers feature tournament-specific bonuses, which can definitely help when picking which tournaments to bet on as we mentioned above. Not to mention seasonal offers like Christmas or Valentine’s promotions.
As outlined in our guide to bookmakers’ promotions, these can come in lots of different forms. From free bets, to odds boosts, to bet insurance and much more. We recommend shopping around to find a bookie that will give you added value all year round, instead of just in your first few weeks as a newly registered punter.
Safety & Security when Betting Online in the UK
Punters in the UL are much more protected now than they ever have been before. As long as the online betting site you’re using is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, you know that all of your personal data and financial information is safe.
The UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) is the UK’s licensing authority for online betting sites and casinos. The rules and regulations that betting operators are required to abide by are some of the strictest in the world, with most of those rules and regulations dealing explicitly with fairness, security, and responsible gambling. A quick look at the UKGC’s website tells you everything you need to know about how they keep punters safe.
All of the betting sites on Sportsbetting24 are fully licensed and regulated. Any bookmakers who we feel don’t live up to that promise are clearly marked as “Not Recommended” and don’t feature in any of our top lists. As we mention in our section on our bookmaker review process, every single one of our online bookmaker reviews features a section on safety and security, so our readers can head into any bookie we feature knowing exactly what to expect.
The only way to make sure that your betting experience is a good one is to gamble responsibly. The most straightforward way to make that happen is to stick to a betting budget and to avoid chasing any losses.
If you aren’t happy with your betting habits, there are tools and resources available to help you. Consider taking a look at the official GambleAware website, or possibly reading some of the free resources by Gamblers’ Anonymous for more information.
Of course, every online betting site licensed in the UK includes tools to help those who want more control over their betting habits. It’s possible to set your own monthly, or even weekly deposit limits, as well as set limits for your losses, or even to self-exclude yourself from all online betting and casino activity for an amount of time.
Online Betting Outside the UK
Many online betting sites operate internationally. While the punters in the UK are our greatest focus, we also feature bookmakers that operate elsewhere.
The easiest way to find the best bookies for you, wherever you are, is to head to your country’s page from the table below. You can find out about the laws and regulations surrounding online betting where you’re from, as well what the best betting sites in your country, which payment methods we recommend, and much more.
Online Betting UK FAQs
Can I bet on sports online?
Yes, online betting is the most popular way to bet on sports today! All you need to do is pick a betting site, and pick a sport to bet on, and you’re more than half the way there. You don’t even need to be using a laptop or desktop, it can all be done from your smartphone.
How long does it take to open an online betting account?
Registering a new online betting account normally takes between 3 and 10 minutes, depending on the betting site and the information that needs to be collected in your jurisdiction. You can set up an account and start placing bets in around the same time it takes to make a mug of tea.
Are betting sites legal?
Yes, online betting is legal in most countries as long as they have the necessary licences. Punters should be wary of any betting sites that do not display a licence in their page footer, though. As we mention in our section on online betting security, only bookmakers licensed by the UK Gambling Commission are legal in the UK.
How do I place a bet online?
Placing a bet is really simple:
- Register an account at an online betting site
- Place your first deposit
- Choose your bets and wagering amounts
- Confirm your betslip.
What are the best online sports betting sites?
We’re big fans of bet365, 888sport, and LeoVegas Sports here at Sportsbetting24. These bookies all have good value odds, an array of interesting features, and regular promotions for their punters. Take a look at how we review bookmakers to find out how those three betting sites rose to the top of our list.
What sports can I bet on?
When it comes to online betting, punters can bet on almost any sport they’ve ever heard of, as well as exotics like political bets and the outcome of competition reality TV shows. If you’re new to the world of online betting, we recommend taking a look at our section on which sports to bet on above for more guidance.
Are betting sites safe?
Yes, all of our featured betting sites are safe to use. As you can see in our section on online betting safety, all of the betting sites we feature go through a rigorous review process. We not only look at what remote gambling licences bookies possess, but also site security, responsible gambling tools, and much more.