The IPL is not only the biggest domestic cricket league in the world, it is a massive betting event for UK cricket fans too.
This IPL online betting sites guide has information on the key markets to bet on, where to find the best IPL bookies and our expert IPL betting advice will hopefully help you find more winning bets!
Top 7 Indian Premier League Betting Sites in the UK
- Only available to new William Hill customers in the UK or Ireland;
- Customers must sign up using Promo Code P30;
- Only one ‘new account offer’ per person, household address, email address, debit/credit card number, or IP address is allowed;
- Duplicate accounts will not qualify for this offer;
- This Promotion is not available to new accounts depositing funds with Entropay, Paypal, Neosurf, iDeal, Paysafe, Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, Kalibra/Postpay;
- Offer will run from 00:01 on 12 November 2019 until 23:59 on 31 March 2020;
- Only available for customers who deposit in GBP pounds (£) sterling or Euro (€) currencies;
- Qualifying bet must be placed with a unit stake of £10/€10 or greater;
- For bets placed as an Each Way bet, only the win part for the bet will count towards to offer;
- Qualifying bet must be placed at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater;
- Qualifying bet must be placed on the William Hill Sportsbook site only;
- Qualifying bet must be struck using funds from your main balance;
- Qualifying bet can be pre-match or in-play;
- Cash in my bet is not available for bets placed that trigger a free bet as part of a promotion until at least one selection has been resulted or is In-Play. At this point, Cash in my bet will become available as long as all the other availability conditions are met;
- Free bets will be paid as 2 x £15/€15 denominations;
- Free bets can be used on any sportsbook product (excluding tote, pool, and lottery bets);
- Free bets will be available for 30 days;
- Free Bet is non-refundable and may not be withdrawn;
- Free Bet stake will be excluded from any winnings;
- Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed;
- Cash in my bet will be available for bets placed using a free bet (minus the value of the initial free bet);
- Player, country, currency, Market restrictions and terms apply.
- New Customers Only. Must be 18+.
- Deposit and bet £10 or more to receive a £30 free bet.
- A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/$10 placed on any sports markets
- Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded.
- Free bets credited within 24 hours after qualifying bet settlement and expire after 30 days
- Free bet stakes not included in returns
- Bets placed using free bets as the stake (in full or in part) will not qualify.
- Offer excludes customers who make their first deposit using any method other than Credit/Debit Cards or Applepay.
- Offer excludes customers who have not verified their phone number by SMS.
- The offer excludes the following bet types: Canadian, Goliath, Heinz, Lucky 15, Lucky 31, Lucky 63, Patent, Super Heinz, Trixie & Yankee.
- Full T&C’s apply – Gamble Responsibly .
- £40 Money Back as Bonus on Your First Bet + £10 Casino Bonus.
- The minimum qualifying deposit is £10.
- You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at odds of 2/5 (1.40) in the Sportsbook, 25x for Casino.
- Your first bet is not considered to be a qualifying bet if betting on horse racing, greyhound racing, trotting, and/or virtual sports
- Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus
- The bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in.
- No deposit required for NI customers
- This offer applies to your first bet only. If you win your first bet the bonus has been used. If you place a system bet only the first settled column of £10 or higher will count towards the bonus.
- New Customers Only. 18+, Further T&Cs Apply.
100% of your first deposit up to $200 + $10 Casino Bonus!
- Minimum qualifying deposit: $10
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Payment method restrictions: Deposits made with PayPal, Entropay, Neteller, Paysafecard, and Skrill are not eligible for this promotion
- Sports Wagering requirement: 6x bonus amount
- Odds restrictions: 1.50 (1/2)
- Time limit: Wagering requirements must be met within 60 days
- Users must opt-in to this promotion
- Cashed out and voided bets do not contribute to the wagering requirements for this offer
- Once the bonus has been activated, users may not withdraw any funds until the wagering requirements have been completed
- This promotion is only available to users residing in Canada
- 18+, New Customers Only
Open Account Offer
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 300% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £30* in Bet Credits. Once released your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
– Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
– In market/fixture combinations that only have two or three potential outcomes (for example Soccer Full Time Result), where you have placed bets on more than one potential outcome, either pre-match or In-Play, only the outcome with your highest cumulative stake will count.
– Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
– Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
– Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
- The code CD365 doesn’t change the welcome offer.
*or currency equivalent
T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
Bet on the Indian Premier League with bet365
Choosing the best bookie for betting on IPL was not an easy task. To be honest, all of the bookmakers that make it onto our list of the top 7 IPL Cricket betting sites are worth trying. However, if we had to pick one that really stands out from the crowd it would be bet365.
There are a number of reasons why bet365 is a great bookie for IPL online betting, the main one being the availability of live IPL streaming once you have a positive account balance (or have placed a bet in the previous 24 hours). Live IPL betting is on the menu at bet365 too and UK punters can pick from all the markets we mention in our most popular IPL bets section.
|💡 TIP! If you’ve never used the live streaming feature on a betting site before, we explain everything you need to know about bookmakers’ live broadcasts!|
Popular IPL Bets
Your prospects of turning a profit from betting on Indian Premier League rest heavily on the market you choose to bet on. Below we look at some of the most popular IPL bets and reveal how risky they are and what level of punter they are best suited to. So, whether you are a seasoned IPL punter or someone who is just starting out, our risk table will give you a very good idea of the IPL betting markets most likely to generate a return. Our expert betting advice section is also worth checking out before you have an IPL wager.
|Wager Type||Risk||Recommended for|
|IPL Outright Winner||5||Advanced/Expert|
|Top 4 Finish||2||Beginners|
|IPL Match Betting||1||Novices|
|Top Run Scorer||4||Advanced|
|Top Wicket Taker||4||Advanced|
(*risk can be managed, not volatility)
Expert Indian Premier League Betting Advice
- Pitch Condition – In the IPL, the pitch condition is massively influential on the final result. If there is no moisture around and the pitch is dry, the team that bats first will have the advantage as the pitch will become more favourable for bowling later on when cracks start to appear in it. On the other hand, if the pitch is grassy and moist it will favour the team that bowls first as they will be able to get more action and spin on the ball.
- Home Advantage – In the IPL it is always worth researching the records of teams at home and away. Some sides are a lot better when they have home advantage and struggle on the road. Other teams are equally effective away from home as they are in their own stadium. Looking at home and away stats alone won’t find you winners, but if you combine it with the rest of our advice then you will have a much better chance of landing some winning IPL bets.
- Pick The Right Market – As we outlined in our popular IPL bets section some markets are more likely to generate a return than others. When betting on IPL matches you need to weigh up risk vs reward and pick the market that offers the best value. Don’t just limit yourself to the match-winner or IPL outright markets, keep your options open because sometimes you will find better value elsewhere. And most importantly of all, make sure you are getting the best odds when you do have a bet.
- Statistics Matter – When you are betting on IPL you have access to a massive range of statistics relating to player performance. For example, say you were planning on having a bet on the top run-scorer in an IPL match. Before you put your money down you should always check what type of form the player is in, their record at the match venue and how they have played in previous meetings against the other team’s bowlers. The official IPL website is a useful resource for bowling and batting stats.
Where to Find the Best IPL Betting Odds
We mentioned earlier that bet365 is our number one choice for betting on IPL. However, they aren’t guaranteed to have the best odds for every single market and that is why you shouldn’t discount the other bookmakers that make our top IPL betting sites list. As you will see in our IPL odds comparison table* you have to shop around because you never know where you might find the best Indian Premier League odds.
|Team Name||William Hill||Netbet||Betfair|
|Chennai Super Kings||5/1||9/2||9/2|
|Royal C Bangalore||7/1||13/2||7/1|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||13/2||13/2||6/1|
|Kings XI Punjab||9/1||17/2||9/1|
|*Odds Table For Display Purposes Only|
As the above table beautifully illustrates, shopping around for the best odds is a necessity when betting on IPL. Let’s say, for example, you were backing the Delhi Capitals to win outright. If you backed them with Betfair you would only get odds of 9/2. William Hill were a bit better at 11/2 but on this occasion, Netbet had the best odds by far at 6/1.
Alternatively, If you fancied Chennai Super Kings William Hill had the best odds at 5/1 in comparison to 9/2 from Netbet and Betfair. In this particular market William Hill were best price or joint best for 7 of the 9 teams. So, if you are going to have an IPL bet then William Hill should be your starting point.
The IPL is a Twenty20 competition contested by a total of 8 teams, as you can see on the League’s official website. It is a round robin tournament with teams playing each-other home and away during the regular season. The top 4 teams qualify for the play-offs. The top two teams play in the first Qualifying match with the winners advancing straight to the final. The loser of the first qualifying match plays the winner of the Eliminator match between the 3rd and 4th placed teams in a second Qualifying match. The winner of that clash reaches the final and plays the winner of the first qualifying match.
In terms of attendance, the IPL is the biggest cricket league in the world. Over 3.4 million fans attended IPL matches during the 2019 season. Next best was the Big Bash League (BBL) with 1.2 million attendees, while the Pakistan Super League (PSL) and T20 Blast attracted 950k fans. Our experts have provided everything you need to know about how betting on cricket online works, so you can find out more about the betting opportunities served up by all of the biggest and best cricket tournaments.
|Year||Winners||Margin of Victory|
|2019||Mumbai Indians||Won by 1 run|
|2018||Chennai Super Kings||Won by 8 wickets|
|2017||Mumbai Indians||Won by 1 run|
|2016||Sunrisers Hyderabad||Won by 8 runs|
|2015||Mumbai Indians||Won by 41 runs|
|2014||Kolkata Knight Riders||Won by 3 Wickets|
|2013||Mumbai Indians||Won by 23 runs|
|2012||Kolkata Night Riders||Won by 5 wickets|
|2011||Chennai Super Kings||Won by 58 runs|
|2010||Chennai Super Kings||Won by 22 runs|
- Both the 2017 and 2019 finals came down to the final ball and on both occasions, the Mumbai Indians came out on top.
- The Mumbai Indians are the most successful team with 4 IPL wins, one more than Chennai Super Kings who have 3. Find out who the first-ever winners were in our IPL history section.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore hold the record for the highest total (253/5 vs Pune Warriors) and also the lowest total (49 vs Kolkata Knight Riders).
- The biggest winning margin in an IPL match was Mumbai Indians’ 146 run victory vs Delhi Daredevils.
- The highest run-scorer is Virat Kohli with 5412, while Lasith ‘Slinga’ Malinga has taken the most IPL wickets with 170 from 122 innings.
|💡 Did You Know? Big hitting West Indies batsman Chris Gayle is always box office and he holds the records for the highest individual score (175), the most sixes overall (326) and the most sixes in an innings (17).|
The History of the Indian Premier League
The IPL was founded back in 2007 by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI site). Eight cities put in successful franchise bids, spending well over $700 million. The winning bids came from Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Mohali, Kolkata, Jaipur, Hyderabad and Chennai. In 2010 Pune and Kochi both added teams to the IPL roster. However, Kochi were thrown out in 2011 and in 2012 the Deccan Chargers also withdrew. The Hyderabad Sunrisers replaced them in the Indian Premier League.
In 2015, the then 2-time champions Chennai Super Kings and the winners of the first-ever IPL in 2008 Rajasthan Royals, were both handed 2 year suspensions from the IPL. The teams were found guilty of match-fixing and Rising Pune Supergiant and Gujarat Lions took their place. The Super Kings showed no sign of rustiness on their return, winning the IPL for a 3rd time in 2018. You can see the winners of the last 10 Indian Premier Leagues in our past winners table.
IPL Betting FAQs
Where can I find the best IPL betting odds?
If you are looking for the best IPL betting odds you won’t go far wrong with William Hill. As you can see in our odds comparison section William Hill consistently have quality IPL prices, but you should always check the odds on offer from the rest of the sites we mention on the page, including Netbet and Betfair.
When is the Indian Premier League held?
The Indian Premier League traditionally starts either in late-March or early-April every year. In 2020 the start date was changed to mid-September due to global events. You can find out more about how the IPL works and how many matches are involved in our IPL format section.
How do I bet on the IPL?
Betting on the IPL is easy, just pick one of the bookies on our top 7 IPL betting sites list, sign up, make a deposit and start betting. Make sure to check out our expert IPL betting advice before you have a bet, you’ll have a much better chance of placing some winning wagers if you do!
Can I stream the Indian Premier League in the UK?
Yes, live streaming of the IPL is available at a number of the bookies that make our top 7 IPL betting sites list, including bet365. Once you sign up with bet365 and have had a bet in the previous 24 hours or have a positive account balance, you’ll qualify for live Indian Premier League streaming.