It’s big, brash and extremely popular with UK and Aussie cricket fans alike. This is your guide to the best Big Bash League betting sites and it really does make for essential reading.
We’ve got info on how to get the best Big Bash odds, where to access live BBL streaming and our unrivalled expert betting advice will help you find winners!
Top 7 BBL Betting Sites in the UK
Bet on the Australian Big Bash League with William Hill
We found it hard to separate the bookies that make our Top 7 list. However, due to the fact that they have the best Big Bash odds, William Hill is recommended as the number one destination for betting on the Big Bash League. As you will see later on when we show you how to find the best BBL odds, William Hill were by far and away the best bookmaker in terms of pricing.
You will also be able to use William Hill’s Odds Boosts to pump up the price too, ensuring you’ll be very handsomely rewarded if you manage to back the Big Bash League winner. Live betting is available for every BBL match on desktop and mobile and there is an excellent selection of outright and pre-match markets available. If you are looking for a bookie to bet on the BBL, William Hill should be on the top of your list.
Recommended BBL Betting Markets
If you are going to bet on the BBL then picking the correct market could make the difference between a profit and a loss. As you will see in the Big Bash table of bet types vs risk below, we have cherry-picked just some of the available Big Bash League betting markets that will be available for each and every match.
We only look at five different markets in our table but you’ll have a much wider selection with most of the bookies that make our top 7 BBL bookies list. Additionally, you should combine the info below with the expert BBL betting advice further down if you really want to give yourself a fighting chance of landing some nice Big Bash League winners.
|Wager Type||Risk||Recommended for|
|Big Bash Outright Winner||4||Beginner/Novice|
|Man Of The Match||4||Expert|
|Method Of First Wicket||4||Advanced|
(*risk can be managed, not volatility)
Expert Big Bash League Betting Advice
- Form For batsmen and bowlers confidence gained from good recent displays is huge. That is why it is prudent to look back at recent performances of both individuals and teams before you start Big Bash League betting. This isn’t a surefire way to predict how an upcoming BBL Match might unfold, but if you are planning on betting on a niche market like the total runs scored by a player or total wickets taken in a match by a bowler, recent form should give you a decent chance of making the right choice.
- Rosters You should always keep up to date on the recruitment of each franchise before each season starts. The salary cap system (find out more in our BBL format section) means that some teams will be stronger in some areas and weaker in others, and you need to pinpoint when opposing teams are most likely to take advantage of those weaknesses. If you can spot a team’s strengths and vulnerabilities, you’ll have a good idea on when to back them and when to take them on.
- Home Advantage All of the venues used during the Big Bash League have their own individual characteristics. Some pitches can suit certain types of bowlers/batsmen more than others and some grounds are shaped very differently. The state of the pitch/ground can be massively influential on markets like over/under total runs or over under total 4s/6s so get to know your venues because sometimes home teams can have a big advantage and they can be worth backing, even against teams that are higher ranked or look stronger on paper.
- Weather This is another external factor that has a huge influence on how a BBL match might unfold. If the rain is forecast to arrive halfway through a match that could result in a shortened game. In this scenario the playing field is levelled and the underdogs will have a far greater chance of getting a result. So, before you have a bet on the Big Bash League make sure to take the weather forecast into consideration.
Where to Find the Best BBL Betting Odds
Any punter that is serious about making money from betting on the Big Bash League should know that the best way to ensure maximum returns from winning wagers is to find the best odds. As you will see in the odds table* for the Big Bash 2020 outright market, odds can be very different depending on the opinions of each bookmaker’s team of traders.
|Team||Paddy Power||bet365||William Hill|
|Sydney Sixers||7/2 (4.50)||4/1 (5.00)||5/1 (6.00)|
|Adelaide Strikers||5/1 (6.00)||5/1 (6.00)||5/1 (6.00)|
|Melbourne Stars||10/3 (4.33)||15/4 (4.75)||9/2 (5.50)|
|Perth Scorchers||6/1 (7.00)||13/2 (7.50)||11/2 (6.50)|
|Brisbane Heat||6/1 (7.00)||6/1 (7.00)||13/2 (7.50)|
|Hobart Hurricanes||7/1 (8.00)||7/1 (8.00)||7/1 (8.00)|
|Sydney Thunder||10/1 (11.00)||9/1 (10.00)||8/1 (9.00)|
|Melbourne Renegades||9/1 (10.00)||12/1 (13.00)||7/1 (8.00)|
|* Odds Table For Display Purposes Only (correct at time of writing)|
So, for example, say you strongly fancied the favourites the Sydney Sixers to win the Big Bash 2020. If you went to back them at Paddy Power you would get 7/2 (4.50). That might seem ok at the time, but you could back them at 4/1 (5.00) at bet365 and with William Hill they are a standout price of 5/1 (6.00) That is a massive difference (43%) in comparison to Paddy Power with a £10 win wager returning £15 more if you backed them with William Hill.
On the other hand, if you were planning on backing the Melbourne Renegades with William Hill you would only get odds of 7/1 (8.00). If you shopped around you would soon discover that they were 12/1 (13.00) with bet365! That is not far off double the odds and illustrates exactly why taking the time to shop around for the best Big Bash odds is so important.
Big Bash League Live Streaming
If you are looking for a betting site that facilitates live streaming of the Big Bash League, your search is over. UK customers can stream every single BBL match live if they sign up with bet365. All you need is to either have a positive account balance OR that you have placed a bet in the previous 24 hours. If you tick either of those boxes you’ll be able to access a high-quality Big Bash League live stream. If you are wondering about the availability of streaming for other sports and events, check out our official guide to live streaming on betting sites.
As far as we could see, no other UK bookmakers were planning on offering live BBL streaming next season. However, that situation could change closer to the start of the Big Bash League and if it does, we will keep you posted.
The Big Bash League is a Twenty20 cricket tournament contested by a total of 8 franchises based around Australia (find out more about who has won the most titles in our Big Bash League history section). It is a double round-robin style event with each team playing twice in the regular season, a total of 56 matches. Things get a bit more tricky in the latter stages of the tournament, just like in the IPL (more on this in our IPL betting spotlight).
First up is ‘The Eliminator’ which is played between the 4th and 5th placed teams in the Big Bash table. Next ‘The Qualifier’ is played between the top two teams and the winner of that goes straight to The Final. The ‘Knock Out’ sees the winner of The Eliminator play the 3rd placed team. The loser winner of that match takes on the loser of the Qualifier in ‘The Challenger’ with the winner of that playing in ‘The Final’ against the winner of ‘The Qualifier’
|2019/20||Sydney Sixers||19 Runs|
|2018/19||Melbourne Renegades||13 Runs|
|2017/18||Adelaide Strikers||25 Runs|
|2016/17||Perth Scorchers||9 Wickets|
|2015/16||Sydney Thunder||3 Wickets|
|2014/15||Perth Scorchers||4 Wickets|
|2013/14||Perth Scorchers||39 Runs|
|2012/13||Brisbane Heat||34 Runs|
|2011/12||Sydney Sixers||7 Wickets|
- Chris Lynn is the record run-scorer in the Big Bash League with 2,332 and he also has the most sixes with 146.
- Marcus Stoinis got the highest individual score in one game with 147 runs vs the Sydney Sixers.
- Ben Laughlin has taken the most wickets with 110, however, the lowest average record is held by Lasith Malinga with 15.00.
- Malinga also holds the records for the best economy rate (5.40) and the best bowling figures in one match (6/7 vs Perth Scorchers).
|💡 Fun BBL Fact! The Melbourne Renegades hold the record for the lowest total scored in a match in the Big Bash League with a pitiful 57 against their local rivals the Melbourne Stars in a match in 2015.|
The History of the Australia Big Bash League
The Big Bash League was created and launched in 2011. It replaced the six state KFC Twenty20 Big Bash, with the states being replaced by eight city-based franchises. KFC continued with their sponsorship after the new and improved Big Bash League was launched and it is played in the Australian summer months of December, January and February. The easiest and most reliable way to keep up with the latest updates is to head to the official website of BBL.
The first-ever winners of the Big Bash League in 2011/12 were the Sydney Sixers. As you can see in our previous BBL winners section, they beat The Perth Scorchers by 7 wickets in the final. The Scorchers bounced back from that devastating defeat though and they are the most successful team in BBL history with a total of three wins. Only two teams have so far failed to lift the Big Bash League trophy, the Hobart Hurricanes and the Melbourne Renegades.
Australian Big Bash League Betting FAQs
What’s the best Big Bash League betting site?
In our view William Hill is the best Big Bash League betting site, simply due to the quality of their odds and the excellent range of available markets. If you look at our experts’ recommended BBL betting markets, you’ll be able to access all those markets and a whole lot more too if you sign up with William Hill.
Where can I find the best BBL betting odds?
As we mention in our odds comparison section, William Hill is the best bookie when it comes to odds. William Hill were top price about more teams than anyone else in the outright Big Bash League winner market. However, each and every one of the bookies on our top 7 BBL bookmakers list is worth checking out because William Hill won’t be biggest about every single market.
When is the Big Bash League held?
The Big Bash is held during the Australian summer months of December, January and February. This means that they get the best of the weather and there is less chance of games being disrupted by rain. You can find out more about the schedule in our closer look at the Big Bash League’s format.
Do any betting sites have Big Bash League streaming?
At the time of writing only bet365 had live Big Bash Streaming available to customers. However, that situation could change for the upcoming season. If you are looking for the latest information you should check out our dedicated BBL live streaming section above.