For cricket players and fans alike, this is the one. It is the biggest, best and most sought after prize in the sport and this is where you’ll find the best Cricket World Cup betting sites.
That’s not all! You’ll also discover Sportsbetting24’s expert World Cup Cricket betting advice, where to get the best odds and info on the most popular Cricket World Cup markets.
Top 7 Cricket World Cup Betting Sites in the UK
- New Customers Only. Must be 18+.
- Deposit and bet £10 or more to receive a £30 free bet.
- A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/$10 placed on any sports markets
- Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded.
- Free bets credited within 24 hours after qualifying bet settlement and expire after 30 days
- Free bet stakes not included in returns
- Bets placed using free bets as the stake (in full or in part) will not qualify.
- Offer excludes customers who make their first deposit using any method other than Credit/Debit Cards or Applepay.
- Offer excludes customers who have not verified their phone number by SMS.
- The offer excludes the following bet types: Canadian, Goliath, Heinz, Lucky 15, Lucky 31, Lucky 63, Patent, Super Heinz, Trixie & Yankee.
- Full T&C’s apply – Gamble Responsibly .
Open Account Offer
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 300% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £30* in Bet Credits. Once released your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
– Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
– In market/fixture combinations that only have two or three potential outcomes (for example Soccer Full Time Result), where you have placed bets on more than one potential outcome, either pre-match or In-Play, only the outcome with your highest cumulative stake will count.
– Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
– Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
– Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
- The code CD365 doesn't change the welcome offer.
- Registration required.
*or currency equivalent
T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
- £40 Money Back as Bonus on Your First Bet + £10 Casino Bonus.
- The minimum qualifying deposit is £10.
- You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at odds of 2/5 (1.40) in the Sportsbook, 25x for Casino.
- Your first bet is not considered to be a qualifying bet if betting on horse racing, greyhound racing, trotting, and/or virtual sports
- Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus
- The bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in.
- No deposit required for NI customers
- This offer applies to your first bet only. If you win your first bet the bonus has been used. If you place a system bet only the first settled column of £10 or higher will count towards the bonus.
- New Customers Only. 18+, Further T&Cs Apply.
100% of your first deposit up to $200 + $10 Casino Bonus!
- Minimum qualifying deposit: $10
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Payment method restrictions: Deposits made with PayPal, Entropay, Neteller, Paysafecard, and Skrill are not eligible for this promotion
- Sports Wagering requirement: 6x bonus amount
- Odds restrictions: 1.50 (1/2)
- Time limit: Wagering requirements must be met within 60 days
- Users must opt-in to this promotion
- Cashed out and voided bets do not contribute to the wagering requirements for this offer
- Once the bonus has been activated, users may not withdraw any funds until the wagering requirements have been completed
- This promotion is only available to users residing in Canada
- 18+, New Customers Only
Welcome Bonus of 100% up to $/€122 + 22 Bet Points.
- The minumum qualifying deposit is $/€1.
- This bonus is available to sports customers only.
- The bonus amount must be wagered 5 times on accumulators of at least 3 selections, with minimum odds of 1.40 per selection.
- Residetns of Croatia, Hungary and/or Serbia are not eligible for this bonus offer.
- 18+, New Customers Only.
- Only available to new William Hill customers in the UK or Ireland;
- Customers must sign up using Promo Code P30;
- Only one ‘new account offer' per person, household address, email address, debit/credit card number, or IP address is allowed;
- Duplicate accounts will not qualify for this offer;
- This Promotion is not available to new accounts depositing funds with Entropay, Paypal, Neosurf, iDeal, Paysafe, Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, Kalibra/Postpay;
- Offer will run from 00:01 on 12 November 2019 until 23:59 on 31 March 2020;
- Only available for customers who deposit in GBP pounds (£) sterling or Euro (€) currencies;
- Qualifying bet must be placed with a unit stake of £10/€10 or greater;
- For bets placed as an Each Way bet, only the win part for the bet will count towards to offer;
- Qualifying bet must be placed at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater;
- Qualifying bet must be placed on the William Hill Sportsbook site only;
- Qualifying bet must be struck using funds from your main balance;
- Qualifying bet can be pre-match or in-play;
- Cash in my bet is not available for bets placed that trigger a free bet as part of a promotion until at least one selection has been resulted or is In-Play. At this point, Cash in my bet will become available as long as all the other availability conditions are met;
- Free bets will be paid as 2 x £15/€15 denominations;
- Free bets can be used on any sportsbook product (excluding tote, pool, and lottery bets);
- Free bets will be available for 30 days;
- Free Bet is non-refundable and may not be withdrawn;
- Free Bet stake will be excluded from any winnings;
- Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed;
- Cash in my bet will be available for bets placed using a free bet (minus the value of the initial free bet);
- Player, country, currency, Market restrictions and terms apply.
Bet on the ODI Cricket World Cup with Betfair
It went right to the final ball but in the end the Sportsbetting24 team all agreed that Betfair is the best Cricket World Cup betting site for UK punters. What makes them stand out from the rest? Well, first of all you will find an excellent range of outright, pre-match and in-play World Cup Cricket betting markets.
Secondly, and perhaps even more importantly, if you are wondering where to find the best ODI World Cup odds then Betfair are consistently competitive with their prices. Lastly, Betfair had lots of specials and betting promotions for the last Cricket World Cup and you can bet your bottom dollar it will be the same again for the next one.
Popular Cricket World Cup Betting Markets
In our betting risk table* you can see some of the most popular World Cup Cricket betting markets. These markets are among the most commonly bet on by cricket punters and some are more suited to novices/beginners while others are suitable for expert/advanced punters.
Selecting the correct market goes a long way towards increasing your chances of placing a winning wager. Put plenty of thought into choosing the right option and before you have a bet check out the table below to see just how risky each market is.
|Bet Type||Risk||Recommended for|
|Outright Winner Betting||4||Beginner|
|Top Wicket Taker||4||Expert|
|Player Of The Series||5||Advanced/Expert|
(*risk can be managed, not volatility)
Where to Find the Best ODI Cricket World Cup Odds
The odds display table below* has the latest prices for the outright ODI Cricket World Cup winner. As you can see, some of the teams are the exact same price with bet365, William Hill and Betfair. However, for other teams there is a big discrepancy in odds between the three betting sites. This illustrates why shopping around is key if you want to find the best World Cup Cricket Odds.
|India||9/4 (3.25)||5/2 (3.50)|
|England||3/1 (4.00)||3/1 (4.00)|
|Australia||4/1 (5.00)||4/1 (5.00)|
|New Zealand||8/1 (9.00)||7/1 (8.00)|
|Pakistan||8/1 (9.00)||10/1 (11.00)|
|South Africa||9/1 (10.00)||9/1 (10.00)|
|West Indies||12/1 (13.00)||14/1 (15.00)|
|Sri Lanka||16/1 (17.00)||16/1 (17.00)|
|Bangladesh||25/1 (26.00)||25/1 (26.00)|
|Afghanistan||125/1 (126.00)||100/1 (101.00)|
|*Odds Table For Display Purposes Only|
If you wanted to back England to win the Cricket World Cup, for example, then it wouldn’t make much of a difference where you backed them. Both bookies featured are 3/1 (4.00) about England but if you fancied Pakistan, it is a different story. William Hill are 8/1 (9.00) about a Pakistan win, but Betfair are best of all with odds of 10/1 (11.0).
In fact, Betfair had the best odds for 8 of the teams we featured, more than William Hill (7). This theme isn’t repeated for all markets so sign up with as many of the top Cricket World Cup betting sites as possible to give yourself the greatest chance of getting the best price.
ODI Cricket World Cup Live Streaming
Currently, Sky Sports have the streaming rights for the upcoming ODI Cricket World Cup. However, they also had the rights for the 2019 tournament. That didn’t stop bet365 from offering their members the opportunity to stream every match live at the 2019 Cricket World Cup. Like our reviewers highlighted, the bet365 live betting and streaming suite is truly top-notch, and bet365 is likely the only betting site that will continue to broadcast the ODI Cricket World Cup in the near future.
While it’s true that there are tons of top live streaming betting sites around today, huge events like World Cups tend to be very expensive to broadcast. However, when it comes to ODI Cricket World Cup betting and live streaming, bet365 is most definitely the number one choice.
Expert ODI Cricket World Cup Betting Advice
- The Importance Of The Toss The outcome of the toss is 50/50 but the effect it has on the markets for Cricket World Cup matches is massive. Some grounds heavily favour the team that bats first and if a team wins the toss it gives them a far better chance of winning the match. So, if an underdog wins the toss at a stadium where the team batting first has a marked advantage and chooses to bat, they could be worth backing even if their odds shorten slightly after the toss.
- ODI Form Counts You should always consider the difference between the different cricket formats when betting on the ODI Cricket World Cup. If a team has been playing well in test cricket that doesn’t necessarily mean they will be equally as effective in the One Day format. Twenty20 form stands up a little bit better, but you should spend more time studying the recent One Day International form of teams before you have a bet.
- Motivation Matters In the later rounds of the Group stages some teams will be more motivated than others. If, for example, a team that has already qualified for the knock-out stage is playing a team that needs to win to stay in the tournament then clearly the latter team will have a lot more motivation. Keep an eye on the latest team news to see if many changes are made as this can be a good indicator of motivation levels.
- Weather Conditions The weather is another factor to take into consideration before you indulge in Cricket World Cup betting. If it rains during a match the play will be stopped and if play doesn’t resume on the same day the match result depends on when play was stopped. If it is stopped during the first innings the match is declared a draw. If play stops during the second innings the Duckworth-Lewis method is used to determine the result (find out how the Duckworth-Lewis method works on the official ICC site).
The format of the ODI Cricket World Cup has changed down through the years as the sport has grown in popularity. For the inaugural event in 1975 most of the teams qualified automatically. However, for the next and future Cricket World Cups, only the hosts will be granted an automatic spot. There will be ten teams in total and the other nine sides will need to qualify via the ICC Cricket World Cup Super League.
The top 7 sides in that competition go straight into the World Cup. The bottom five teams go into the Cricket World Cup Qualifier, along with five Associate sides, with the top two nations qualifying for the World Cup. The Associate teams qualify for the World Cup Qualifier via the ICC Cricket World Cup League 2 (3 teams) and the ICC Cricket World Cup Playoff (2 teams).
Final Tournament Format
The final tournament starts with a round robin group stage with each team playing the others once. The top 4 teams in the Group Stage advance to the knockout stages. Just like the T20 World Cup format, the knockout stage consists of two semi-finals with the winners playing in the decider to determine the Cricket World Cup winners.
England has hosted the tournament on five different occasions (1975, 1979, 1983, 1999 and 2019). India has shared hosting duties on three different occasions and they will be the sole hosts for the first time in 2023. Other past host nations include Australia/New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, South Africa and the West Indies.
|2019||England||Tie (England won on boundary count)|
|2015||Australia||Won by 7 Wickets|
|2011||India||Won by 6 Wickets|
|2007||Australia||Won by 53 Runs|
|2003||Australia||Won by 125 Runs|
|1999||Australia||Won by 8 Wickets|
|1996||Sri Lanka||Won by 7 Wickets|
|1992||Pakistan||Won by 22 Runs|
|11987||Australia||Won by 7 Runs|
|1983||India||Won by 43 Runs|
|1979||West Indies||Won by 92 Runs|
|1975||West Indies||Won by 17 Runs|
- Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar has scored the most ODI World Cup runs in history with 2,278 in 42 matches.
- The highest individual total by a batsman at the Cricket World Cup was the 237 runs scored by Martin Guptil vs the West Indies in 2015.
- Chris Gayle has smashed the most Cricket World Cup sixes with 49, 12 more than his nearest rival AB de Villiers.
- Aussie fast-medium paced bowler Glenn McGrath holds the record for the most World Cup wickets, taking 71 from 39 matches between 1996-2007.
- Another Aussie bowler, Mitchell Stark, took at least 5 wickets in one game on three separate occasions.
|💡 Cricket World Cup Fact: Did you know that Kevin O’Brien from Ireland compiled the fastest century ever in ODI World Cup history vs England, scoring 100 from just 50 balls vs England in 2011?|
The History of the ODI Cricket World Cup
The first ever ODI Cricket World Cup was played in England in 1975, only 4 years after the first ever One Day International match. The first three renewals of the tournament were hosted by England. If you look at past World Cup winners you will see that the West Indies won the first two editions on English soil with India winning the other one in 1983.
You can keep up to date on all the latest developments and news on the next Cricket World Cup on the official tournament website. The 2019 Cricket World Cup was sponsored by some global giants including Nissan, Uber, Coca Cola and Emirates Airlines. The calibre of sponsors demonstrates just how big an event this is and that is why Cricket World Cup betting is so popular in the UK and around the world.
ODI Cricket World Cup Betting FAQs
What’s the best Cricket World Cup betting site?
In terms of odds, markets and all-round excellence we think Betfair is the best Cricket World Cup betting site. However, as we have repeated on a number of occasions it is better to have a few options for betting on this event and you won’t go far wrong with any of our top 7 ODI World Cup bookies.
Which team has won the most ODI Cricket World Cups?
The most dominant team in ODI Cricket World Cup history is Australia. They have been crowned the Cricket World Cup Champions on no less than five different occasions, with their most recent triumph coming in 2015. India and Pakistan have won it twice and they are the only two countries with more than one win.
Where can I find the best World Cup betting odds?
In the market we examined it was Betfair who had the best prices for the Cricket World Cup when compared to William Hill. However, you can never be sure that they will have the best odds for every market so once you have read our World Cup Cricket expert advice and selected your bet, make sure you check the odds with a few bookies before you place your bet.
When is the Cricket World Cup held?
For the most part, the Cricket World Cup is held every 4 years. The last edition was held in England and the next Cricket World Cup will be held in India. The ODI World Cup is scheduled to start in October and finish in November and the tournament format will be similar to that of recent years.
Do any betting sites have Cricket World Cup streaming?
For the last Cricket World Cup bet365 had live streaming of every single group stage and knockout fixture. Whether live World Cup streaming will be available for the next Cup at bet365 is still unknown. However, if any Cricket World Cup betting site has live streaming of the World Cup available, bet365 is the most likely candidate.