Twenty20 Cricket doesn’t get much bigger or better than the World Cup. T20 Cricket World Cup betting fans will be delighted to know we have everything you need to improve your punting strike rate.
You’ll find info on the best bookies, the most popular markets and we also let you in on our top-secret T20 World Cup betting advice.
Top 7 T20 World Cup Betting Sites
- £40 Money Back as Bonus on Your First Bet + £10 Casino Bonus.
- The minimum qualifying deposit is £10.
- You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at odds of 2/5 (1.40) in the Sportsbook, 25x for Casino.
- Your first bet is not considered to be a qualifying bet if betting on horse racing, greyhound racing, trotting, and/or virtual sports
- Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus
- The bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in.
- No deposit required for NI customers
- This offer applies to your first bet only. If you win your first bet the bonus has been used. If you place a system bet only the first settled column of £10 or higher will count towards the bonus.
- New Customers Only. 18+, Further T&Cs Apply.
Open Account Offer
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 300% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £30* in Bet Credits. Once released your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
– Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
– In market/fixture combinations that only have two or three potential outcomes (for example Soccer Full Time Result), where you have placed bets on more than one potential outcome, either pre-match or In-Play, only the outcome with your highest cumulative stake will count.
– Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
– Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
– Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
- The code CD365 doesn't change the welcome offer.
- Registration required.
*or currency equivalent
T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
100% of your first deposit up to $200 + $10 Casino Bonus!
- Minimum qualifying deposit: $10
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Payment method restrictions: Deposits made with PayPal, Entropay, Neteller, Paysafecard, and Skrill are not eligible for this promotion
- Sports Wagering requirement: 6x bonus amount
- Odds restrictions: 1.50 (1/2)
- Time limit: Wagering requirements must be met within 60 days
- Users must opt-in to this promotion
- Cashed out and voided bets do not contribute to the wagering requirements for this offer
- Once the bonus has been activated, users may not withdraw any funds until the wagering requirements have been completed
- This promotion is only available to users residing in Canada
- 18+, New Customers Only
- Only available to new William Hill customers in the UK or Ireland;
- Customers must sign up using Promo Code P30;
- Only one ‘new account offer' per person, household address, email address, debit/credit card number, or IP address is allowed;
- Duplicate accounts will not qualify for this offer;
- This Promotion is not available to new accounts depositing funds with Entropay, Paypal, Neosurf, iDeal, Paysafe, Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, Kalibra/Postpay;
- Offer will run from 00:01 on 12 November 2019 until 23:59 on 31 March 2020;
- Only available for customers who deposit in GBP pounds (£) sterling or Euro (€) currencies;
- Qualifying bet must be placed with a unit stake of £10/€10 or greater;
- For bets placed as an Each Way bet, only the win part for the bet will count towards to offer;
- Qualifying bet must be placed at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater;
- Qualifying bet must be placed on the William Hill Sportsbook site only;
- Qualifying bet must be struck using funds from your main balance;
- Qualifying bet can be pre-match or in-play;
- Cash in my bet is not available for bets placed that trigger a free bet as part of a promotion until at least one selection has been resulted or is In-Play. At this point, Cash in my bet will become available as long as all the other availability conditions are met;
- Free bets will be paid as 2 x £15/€15 denominations;
- Free bets can be used on any sportsbook product (excluding tote, pool, and lottery bets);
- Free bets will be available for 30 days;
- Free Bet is non-refundable and may not be withdrawn;
- Free Bet stake will be excluded from any winnings;
- Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed;
- Cash in my bet will be available for bets placed using a free bet (minus the value of the initial free bet);
- Player, country, currency, Market restrictions and terms apply.
100% Matched Free Bet Up To $100
- Max. Bonus Amount: $100
- Min. Odds for Qualifying Bet: 2.00
- Qualifying bet must be placed within 7 days of registering your account
- Restricted Payment Methods: PaySafe, Skrill, Neteller
- Cashed Out or Partially Cashed Out bets are not considered to be qualifying bets
- Void bets, Special Markets, BetBoosts, and Enhanced Accas are not considered to be qualifying bets
- Free Bet Rules
- Free bets can be used on any sports
- Your free bet can be used on a whole bet, or a number of smaller bets
- Profit Limit: Amount of stake
- Free bets will expire within 7 days
- No Wagering Requirements apply to this promotion
- 18+ New Customers only
- Residents of Canada only
- Full Terms and Conditions apply
Welcome Bonus of 100% up to $/€122 + 22 Bet Points.
- The minumum qualifying deposit is $/€1.
- This bonus is available to sports customers only.
- The bonus amount must be wagered 5 times on accumulators of at least 3 selections, with minimum odds of 1.40 per selection.
- Residetns of Croatia, Hungary and/or Serbia are not eligible for this bonus offer.
- 18+, New Customers Only.
Bet on the T20 Cricket World Cup with Unibet
Anyone who is a fan of T20 Cricket World Cup betting needs to open an account with Unibet. They hit their rivals for six when it comes to World Cup Cricket odds and they measure up well in terms of the amount of available markets too. For example, Unibet have 98 separate pre-game markets for T20 cricket matches in comparison to Bet365 who have just 34.
Unibet are one of the best bookies around if you want to watch cricket matches live and while it hasn’t yet been confirmed, you may well be able to access live T20 Cricket World Cup streams at Unibet. You can also rely on Unibet to have a decent range of World Cup betting specials and promotions once the tournament begins. To put it simply, if you want to bet on the T20 Cricket World Cup, Unibet should be one of your first destinations.
Recommended ICC Twenty20 World Cup Betting Markets
Once you have picked a bookie from our top 7 T20 World Cup betting sites list your next mission is selecting the right market. This is a pivotal decision and you should pick a market that is best suited to your cricket punting experience level. For example, the ‘Top 2 Finish’ market is a moderately risky market that is best suited to beginners who don’t have the confidence (or knowledge) to go all out on backing the outright winner.
Punters with a bit more experience prefer less risky options like match or handicap betting. Check out the table below for a quick summary of some of the most popular online world cup betting markets.
|Wager Type||Risk||Recommended for|
|Top 2 Finish||3||Beginner|
(*risk can be managed, not volatility)
Expert T20 Cricket World Cup Betting Advice
- Shock Results If you want to back a winner at big odds your best chance is to predict when a shock might be on the cards. In every T20 World Cup there is usually a giant killing. In 2016 massive underdogs Afghanistan beat the West Indies, who where 1/5 (1.20) favourites. Upsets are more likely in the latter Group stages when the ‘big’ teams may have already qualified and have nothing to play for.
- Big Names Prosper Apart from Tamim Iqbal in 2016, the stars of the game dominate the top run-scorer and top wicket-taker charts. These are two immensely popular T20 Cricket World Cup betting markets and stars like Kohli, Jayawardene and Watson have been the leading run-scorers in previous renewals. The more fancied teams will usually play more matches too which is another factor to take into consideration.
- Host Country Pressure The host country should have a big advantage in the T20 Cricket World Cup. However, despite the fact that they will be more familiar with the pitches and have huge home-town support, no host has ever won the T20 World Cup. Only Sri Lanka even managed to reach the final when they hosted in 2012. The pressure can often tell so don’t be afraid to take on the host nation in the handicap and match betting markets.
- Think Outside The Box We already outlined some popular T20 Cricket World Cup markets but there are multiples more you can pick from. Bookies are most knowledgeable about the mainstream markets, like match betting or totals (over/under) markets. You have a better chance of finding an edge in some of the more obscure pre-match or in-play markets. So, don’t be afraid to think outside the box when betting on the Cricket World Cup.
Where to Find the Best World Cup Cricket Odds
We have talked about finding the best T20 World Cup bookie, we discussed picking the right betting markets and we have even given you some insightful betting advice. Now that you are ready to start betting, you are about to find out where to find the best World Cup cricket odds. First thing you should do is look at the odds comparison table* below to see just how much prices can vary between betting sites.
|India||5/2 (3.50)||7/2 (4.50)|
|Australia||3/1 (4.00)||3/1 (4.00)|
|England||3/1 (4.00)||9/2 (5.50)|
|New Zealand||10/1 (11.00)||13/2 (7.50)|
|West Indies||9/1 (10.00)||8/1 (9.00)|
|South Africa||12/1 (13.00)||11/2 (6.50)|
|Pakistan||12/1 (13.00)||12/1 (13.00)|
|Sri Lanka||40/1 (41.00)||20/1 (21.00)|
|Bangladesh||66/1 (67.00)||80/1 (81.00)|
|Afghanistan||66/1 (67.00)||80/1 (81.00)|
|Ireland||500/1 (501.00)||300/1 (301.00)|
|*Odds Table For Display Purposes Only|
The table above has the latest Cricket World Cup winner odds*. Say you fancied having a patriotic punt on this market and were looking for England world cup betting odds. They are only 3/1 (4.00) with Paddy Power, yet if you take the time to shop around you would find they are much bigger with Unibet at 9/2 (5.50). You would get an extra £150 with Unibet if they won and you backed them for a £100 stake in comparison to Paddy Power.
This demonstrates just how important it is to have as many options as possible when placing bets. You can never be sure that a bookie will be best price about every single t20 Cricket World Cup betting market and taking shortcuts could hit you where it hurts most – in the pocket.
T20 Cricket World Cup Live Streaming
The availability of live sports streaming is a huge attraction for punters. Cricket fans will be pleased to know that a couple of bookies could have T20 Cricket World Cup streaming available for the upcoming tournament. For the last tournament (and hopefully for the next one too) bet365 had live streams available for every single T20 Cricket World Cup match. With a top-class live betting suite for members too, bet365 is the perfect place to bet on and watch the T20 Cricket World Cup.
The T20 Cricket World Cup is contested by sixteen teams in total. The top nine full ICC members automatically qualify, along with the host nation. The other six teams have to gain entry via the T20 World Cup Qualifiers. The Qualifiers are usually held late in the year and in 2019 they started on October 18. The six teams that advanced to the final tournament from the Qualifiers were Netherlands, Papa New Guinea, Ireland, Namibia, Scotland and Oman.
The lowest 8 ranked teams are split into two separate groups of 4 for the first round. They play each other once and the two top teams advance to the ‘Super 10’ with the top 8 ranked sides. The ‘Super 10’ round has a similar structure, two groups of 5 teams with each team playing the others once. The top two teams from each group advance to the knockout semi-finals with the winners of the semis playing in the decider to crown the T20 Cricket World Cup Champions.
The format is different to the ODI Cricket World Cup as only ten teams qualify and they are kept in one group. The top 4 teams after a single round of fixtures qualify for the semi-finals/finals. Six different nations have hosted the World Cup since the first renewal in South Africa in 2007. England (2009), West Indies (2010), Sri Lanka (2012), Bangladesh (2014) and India (2016). India will become the first country to host the Cricket World Cup twice in 2021.
|2016||West Indies||Won by 4 Wickets|
|2014||Sri Lanka||Won by 6 Wickets|
|2012||West Indies||Won by 36 Runs|
|2010||England||Won by 7 Wickets|
|2009||Pakistan||Won by 8 Wickets|
|2007||India||Won by 5 Runs|
- England’s only T20 World Cup triumph came in 2010 in the West Indies when they beat Australia by 7 wickets.
- Sri Lankan legend Mahela Jayawardene has scored the most runs in the history of the T20 World Cup 1,016.
- The highest individual score in one match at the World Cup was 123 by Brendon McCullum in 2012 vs Bangladesh.
- Pakistan legend Shahid Afridi has taken 39 T20 World Cup wickets, 1 more than his closest pursuer Lasith Malinga (38).
|💡 Did You Know? Indian ace Virat Kohli has an incredible batting average of 86.33 from a total of 16 T20 Cricket World Cup matches (7 ‘Not Outs’).|
The History of the ICC Twenty20 Cricket World Cup
India won the first T20 Cricket World Cup in 2007, beating Pakistan by 5 runs in a thrilling final. South Africa hosted the inaugural event and they didn’t manage to get out of their Group, losing out to New Zealand and India because of an inferior run rate.
It is usually held every two years but there was a five-year gap between the 2016 edition and the T20 World Cup in 2021. You can check the latest tournament news on the official ICC T20 Cricket World Cup site. The first few renewals had just 12 teams and 2014 saw the tournament expand to 16 teams for the first time.
There have been five different past winners of the T20 Cricket World Cup. India, Pakistan, England and Sri Lanka have one win each and the West Indies are the only team to have won it twice. England hosted the tournament in 2009 with all the matches played at Lord’s, The Oval and Trent Bridge.
The T20 Cricket World Cup format is different to the ODI Cricket World Cup in a number of ways. Firstly, the teams only play 20 overs each in the T20 event compared to 50 overs in the ODI version. Another key difference is that the teams are split into two groups in the T20 World Cup while in the Cricket World Cup the ten qualifiers play in one group.
T20 Cricket World Cup Betting FAQs
What’s the best T20 Cricket World Cup betting site?
The best T20 Cricket World Cup betting site in our view is Unibet. The reason they have such a lofty position on our top 7 T20 World Cup bookies list is that they have loads of markets, plenty of promotions and they are a rock solid choice for betting on the T20 World Cup.
Which team has won the most T20 Cricket World Cups?
A total of 5 different teams have won the T20 World Cup in the past but the only team with multiple wins is the West Indies. They have lifted the World Cup trophy on two occasions, in 2012 in Sri Lanka when they beat the hosts in the final and in 2016 in India when they won vs England by 4 wickets.
Where can I find the best World Cup cricket odds?
If you are wondering where to find the best T20 World Cup betting odds there is no definitive answer. Generally speaking, the likes of Paddy Power and Unibet have competitive Cricket World Cup odds, while Bet365 can come up trumps occasionally too. However, you need to shop around if you want to be sure you are getting the best odds for every wager.
Do any betting sites have T20 World Cup streaming?
The best bet for live T20 World Cup live streaming is bet365. They can always be relied upon for cricket streams and they had the rights for the last renewal of the T20 World Cup. To qualify for live streaming, you don’t even need to place a bet. All you need is to have a positive account balance or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours to qualify to watch T20 Cricket World Cup matches live.