Bangladesh Premier League betting is one of the most closely guarded cricket betting secrets. We’re here to blow the lid off it.
Below you’ll find our top picks for the best bookmakers for your Bangladesh Premier League bets, as well as our experts’ recommended BPL betting markets and betting strategy advice, where to find the best BPL odds, and more!
Top 7 BPL Betting Sites in the UK
Bet on the Bangladesh Premier League with bet365
While we honestly believe that all the bookies on our Top 7 BPL betting sites list are worth considering. However, thanks to their extensive range of Bangladesh Premier League betting markets and the availability of in-play BPL betting, bet365 is our number one choice.
We can also report that bet365 are extremely competitive with their BPL odds. Across a wide variety of markets they were best price (or close to best price) and this is a huge plus for Bangladesh Premier League punters. So, for anyone on the lookout for a new bookie to bet on the BPL, bet365 ticks a lot of boxes.
Recommended BPL Betting Markets
Selecting the correct Bangladesh Premier League betting market is pivotal if you want to make a profit. The BPL League bet risk table* below looks at five of the most popular markets. We grade each market in terms of risk and determine whether the market is suitable for beginners, novices, advanced or expert punters.
We recommend combining this information with our experts’ Bangladesh Premier League betting advice. If you pick the right market and apply some of our top tips, you’ll be hitting the bookmakers for six in no time…
|BPL Outright Winner
|First Wicket Method
|Total 6s (Over/Under)
|Will a 50 be scored?
(*risk can be managed, not volatility)
Expert Bangladesh Premier League Betting Advice
- Conditions Are Key Two key things to check before you bet on the BPL is the state of the pitch and the weather conditions. If a team relies heavily on their spin bowlers then you will want a suitable pitch for them to prosper. The same principle applies to teams who prefer to see conditions conducive to pace and swing bowlers. If there is rain forecast that should always be taken into account too because upset results are more likely if the match is shortened by inclement weather.
- Historical H2H We highly recommend looking back at previous results between teams if you are planning on having a bet on a Bangladesh BPL match. Some teams will struggle at certain grounds, even if they are in much better form than the team they are playing. Other teams are near unbeatable at home against some opponents and looking back at historical H2H results should help you succeed at Bangladesh Premier League betting.
- Know Your Teams It is vital that you know exactly who is playing for each franchise in the BPL. Usually, a month before the BPL League gets underway a draft is held. In 2019 a total of 620 players entered the draft with star names like Chris Gayle and Ravi Bopara among those signed up by BPL 2019 teams. Some of Bangladesh’s best homegrown talent was involved too, so do your research to ensure you know how strong (or weak) each of the 7 BPL teams are. The more you know, the more likely it is you’ll find BPL winners.
- Injury Updates Our last piece of advice is to keep a watchful eye on social media and reputable news sites for injury updates. If you get wind of a major player that will be missing a match due to an injury before the bookies, you will be able to get your bet on before the market reacts. You should follow teams’ and players’ official social media pages for the latest news updates and it might just give you a vital head start against the bookmakers.
Where to Find the Best BPL Odds
Any punter with ambitions of making money from Bangladesh Premier League betting needs to make sure they are getting the best odds when they place a wager. In this section, we look back at the prices for the BPL 2019 final* between the Khulna Tigers and the Rajshahi Royals. The odds comparison table below looks at the odds that were on offer from three of the betting sites that made our list of the best BPL betting sites.
As you can see, William Hill had the best odds by a distance for the Khulna Tigers win at odds of 91/100 (1.91). However, if you fancied the Rajshahi Royals (who actually won the match) you were much better off backing them at bet365 or Betfair who were both 1/1 (2.00) in comparison to William Hill who only went 91/100 (1.91).
You can be sure that there will be similar differences in odds between bookies for the upcoming season too, so shop around and make sure you get the value when placing your BPL bets. And remember, you might find value in some of the less conventional markets that we mention in our list of recommended BPL betting markets too, so keep an open mind and take value wherever you find it.
- There is currently a total of 7 teams (or franchises) in the Bangladesh Premier League .
- Each team plays twice in a double round robin format in the regular season with the top 4 teams making the play-offs.
- The top two regular season teams play in ‘Qualifier 1’ with the winning side going straight to the final.
- The 3rd and 4th teams in the regular season play in an ‘Eliminator’, with the losers going out and the winners facing the losing team from ‘Qualifier 1’ in ‘Qualifier 2’.
- The winner of that match plays the winner of Qualifier 1 in the final and it is a very similar format to the Indian Premier League, which you can read more about in our IPL betting guide.
There are a relatively small number of teams in the Bangladesh Premier League. At the moment just 7 BPL teams fight it out for glory each year and some of the teams have changed their names a number of times since the first ever BPL season back in 2012.
For example, Dhaka Platoon were initially known as the Dhaka Gladiators. They were then rebranded as the Dhaka Dynamites between 2014-2019 and in November 2019 they were given their latest name, Dhaka Platoon. More on them and other historic moments in the Bangladesh Premier League further below.
- Khulna Tigers: Tigers replaced the Royal Bengals as the Khulna franchise in 2016. They have yet to taste success in the Bangladesh Premier League, their best ever performance coming in 2019/20 when they lost in the final to the Rajshahi Royals.
- Comilla Warriors: The Warriors are the newest additions to the BPL. Based in the Chittagong Division in Comilla, they were added to the roster when the BPL was revamped in 2015. They started with a bang, winning the BPL title in their debut season and adding another one in 2019.
- Sylhet Thunder: Sylhet Thunder are one of the founding members of the BPL. They have had a number of name changes (Royals, Super Stars and Sixers) and the franchise was suspended for a year in 2016. They have never won the Bangladesh Premier League and their last and only play-off appearance came in 2013.
- Chattogram Challengers: The city of Chittagong has also been represented in the BPL since it started in 2012. They were originally known as The Chittagong Kings and Vikings before they adopted the Chattogram Challengers name in 2015. The Challengers were runners up in 2013 and they have reached the playoffs 3 times since 2016.
- Rajshahi Royals: The Royals were initially known as Duronto Rajshahi when the BPL began in 2012. New owners rebranded them as the Rajshahi Royals in 2016. The Royals ended their BPL title drought in 2019/20 when pulling off the upset win against Khulna Tigers. Previously their best run came in 2016 when they were runners up.
- Dhaka Platoon: The Dhaka franchise is another one of the original founding BPL members back in 2012. They are always a team to be reckoned with in the Bangladesh Premier League and they won three of the first 4. They have never failed to reach the playoffs and if you are having an outright bet Dhaka Platoon should never be discounted.
- Rangpur Rangers: The Rangpur franchise was established in 2013 as the Riders and they were renamed the Rangpur Rangers in 2019. The Rangers have a mixed record in the BPL but they did manage to win the title in 2017. They also reached the playoffs in 2015 and 2018/19.
|💡 Did You Know? One of the original founding members of the Bangladesh Premier League was the Barisal Bulls. They showed promise in their first season, finishing as the runners up, but they never managed to win the title. In 2016 they were disbanded due to financial difficulties and were replaced by the Sylhet Sixers.
Bangladesh Premier League Live Streaming
It isn’t clear whether any betting sites will have live streaming of the Bangladesh Premier League next season. In the past both bet365 and Betfair, two of our favourite BPL betting sites, had live streaming of every match available. Things have changed though, as BT Sport have recently bought the exclusive live broadcast rights for the Bangladesh Premier League (source: Advanced Television).
That likely means that live streaming of the BOL could be off the menu for UK punters for the foreseeable future but if BT Sport decide not to renew their contract with the BPL that could change. Punters looking to find out more about live streaming while betting on cricket should head to our official guide to live streaming on betting sites.
|Won by 8 Wickets
|Won by 43 Runs
|Won by 3 Wickets
|Won by 56 Runs
|Won by 57 Runs
|Won by 17 Runs
|Won by 21 Runs
- Bangladesh’s One Day captain Tamim Iqbal is the record run-scorer in the BPL with a total of 1825.
- South African Rilee Rossouw holds the record for most runs scored in a single season with 558 for the Rangpur Riders in 2019.
- Chris Gayle is always worth watching and he scored 146 runs from 69 balls in 2017, the highest individual match score in BPL history.
- Gayle’s 120 sixes hit in 38 matches is another BPL record.
- Bangladeshi spin bowler Shakib Al Hasan has taken more wickets than anyone else in the BPL with 106, over 30 more than his closest rival.
|💡 Fun BPL Fact: There has only ever been 5 ‘Hat Tricks’ taken in the BPL and the first player to achieve this feat was Mohammad Sami against the Dhaka Gladiators in 2012. Amazingly, there were three hat tricks taken in 2019 by Aliss Islam, Wahab Riaz and Andre Russell.
The History of the Bangladesh Premier League
The Twenty20 Bangladesh Premier League launched back in 2012 and it has grown in popularity, both at home and abroad, with every passing year. It has not been without controversy though and there has been a number of investigations into match-fixing carried out by the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB site) and also by the International Cricket Council (ICC official site).
The Bangladesh Premier League has had a total of five different main sponsors over the years. The first edition was sponsored by Destiny Group, while Prime Bank Limited took over from 2013 to 2015. BRB Cables stepped in for the 2015/16 season, while Abul Khair Steel sponsored the BPL from 2016 to 2019. The current sponsorship is shared by United Commercial Bank and Akash DTH and TVS Motor Company.
The Bangladesh Premier League is not as popular globally as the Indian Premier League (IPL) or Australian Big Bash League (BBL). The money available to players isn’t as lucrative as in those other two leagues and it doesn’t attract as many fans either. You should check out our dedicated guide to betting on the BBL to see some of the main differences between the two leagues.
Bangladesh Premier League Betting FAQs
What’s the best Bangladesh Premier League betting site?
In our opinion the best Bangladesh Premier League betting site is bet365. They have quality odds, lots of markets and you can bet live on BPL matches too. However, you should also check out some of the other bookmakers on our list of the top 7 BPL betting sites.
What’s the best BPL team to bet on?
If you are going to have a bet on the outright BPL winner market then you should seriously consider Dhaka Platoon. Our look at the BPL teams revealed that Dhaka Platoon have won more titles than anyone else. They have reached the play-offs every year so if you back Dhaka Platoon you will get a run for your money.
Where can I find the best BPL odds?
Where you find the best BPL odds depends on the market but generally speaking, William Hill and Betfair have good Bangladesh Premier League betting odds. To find out more about the importance of getting the best BPL odds for every bet you place, our experts prepared a guide to finding the best Bangladesh Premier League odds, which you can find above.
Do any betting sites have free Bangladesh Premier League live streaming?
Up until 2019 both bet365 and Betfair had the rights to stream Bangladesh Premier League matches live. However, BT Sports acquired the exclusive broadcast rights for the Bangladesh Premier League recently. As we mentioned in our hunt for BPL live streaming, no bookies currently have streaming rights for the upcoming BPL season
When is the Bangladesh Premier League held?
The start date of the Bangladesh Premier League has varied down through the years. In 2019/20 the tournament started on December 11 and finished on 17 January, while the previous renewal started in January and ended in February. You can learn more about start dates and how the BPL works in our close look at the Bangladesh Premier League’s format.