Like any mainstream sport, handball also became very well represented at online betting sites. If you’re a punter looking for the best handball betting sites, you’ve come to the right place. We’re going to give you a list of the best handball betting sites, but we’re also going to give you a crash course in handball betting. We’re not fond of guides, but having a good understanding of the betting markets and how to the game works is of paramount importance! Read on, and by the end of the this page, you’ll be able to bet confidently on any handball match!
Top 9 Handball Betting Sites in the UK
100% of your first deposit up to $200 + $10 Casino Bonus!
- Minimum qualifying deposit: $10
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Payment method restrictions: Deposits made with PayPal, Entropay, Neteller, Paysafecard, and Skrill are not eligible for this promotion
- Sports Wagering requirement: 6x bonus amount
- Odds restrictions: 1.50 (1/2)
- Time limit: Wagering requirements must be met within 60 days
- Users must opt-in to this promotion
- Cashed out and voided bets do not contribute to the wagering requirements for this offer
- Once the bonus has been activated, users may not withdraw any funds until the wagering requirements have been completed
- This promotion is only available to users residing in Canada
- 18+, New Customers Only
Open Account Offer
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 300% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £30* in Bet Credits. Once released your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
– Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
– In market/fixture combinations that only have two or three potential outcomes (for example Soccer Full Time Result), where you have placed bets on more than one potential outcome, either pre-match or In-Play, only the outcome with your highest cumulative stake will count.
– Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
– Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
– Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
- The code CD365 doesn’t change the welcome offer.
*or currency equivalent
T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
- Only available to new William Hill customers in the UK or Ireland;
- Customers must sign up using Promo Code P30;
- Only one ‘new account offer’ per person, household address, email address, debit/credit card number, or IP address is allowed;
- Duplicate accounts will not qualify for this offer;
- This Promotion is not available to new accounts depositing funds with Entropay, Paypal, Neosurf, iDeal, Paysafe, Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, Kalibra/Postpay;
- Offer will run from 00:01 on 12 November 2019 until 23:59 on 31 March 2020;
- Only available for customers who deposit in GBP pounds (£) sterling or Euro (€) currencies;
- Qualifying bet must be placed with a unit stake of £10/€10 or greater;
- For bets placed as an Each Way bet, only the win part for the bet will count towards to offer;
- Qualifying bet must be placed at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater;
- Qualifying bet must be placed on the William Hill Sportsbook site only;
- Qualifying bet must be struck using funds from your main balance;
- Qualifying bet can be pre-match or in-play;
- Cash in my bet is not available for bets placed that trigger a free bet as part of a promotion until at least one selection has been resulted or is In-Play. At this point, Cash in my bet will become available as long as all the other availability conditions are met;
- Free bets will be paid as 2 x £15/€15 denominations;
- Free bets can be used on any sportsbook product (excluding tote, pool, and lottery bets);
- Free bets will be available for 30 days;
- Free Bet is non-refundable and may not be withdrawn;
- Free Bet stake will be excluded from any winnings;
- Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed;
- Cash in my bet will be available for bets placed using a free bet (minus the value of the initial free bet);
- Player, country, currency, Market restrictions and terms apply.
100% Matched Free Bet Up To $100
- Max. Bonus Amount: $100
- Min. Odds for Qualifying Bet: 2.00
- Qualifying bet must be placed within 7 days of registering your account
- Restricted Payment Methods: PaySafe, Skrill, Neteller
- Cashed Out or Partially Cashed Out bets are not considered to be qualifying bets
- Void bets, Special Markets, BetBoosts, and Enhanced Accas are not considered to be qualifying bets
- Free Bet Rules
- Free bets can be used on any sports
- Your free bet can be used on a whole bet, or a number of smaller bets
- Profit Limit: Amount of stake
- Free bets will expire within 7 days
- No Wagering Requirements apply to this promotion
- 18+ New Customers only
- Residents of Canada only
- Full Terms and Conditions apply
- £40 Money Back as Bonus on Your First Bet + £10 Casino Bonus.
- The minimum qualifying deposit is £10.
- You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at odds of 2/5 (1.40) in the Sportsbook, 25x for Casino.
- Your first bet is not considered to be a qualifying bet if betting on horse racing, greyhound racing, trotting, and/or virtual sports
- Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus
- The bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in.
- No deposit required for NI customers
- This offer applies to your first bet only. If you win your first bet the bonus has been used. If you place a system bet only the first settled column of £10 or higher will count towards the bonus.
- New Customers Only. 18+, Further T&Cs Apply.
- New Customers Only. Must be 18+.
- Deposit and bet £10 or more to receive a £30 free bet.
- A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/$10 placed on any sports markets
- Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded.
- Free bets credited within 24 hours after qualifying bet settlement and expire after 30 days
- Free bet stakes not included in returns
- Bets placed using free bets as the stake (in full or in part) will not qualify.
- Offer excludes customers who make their first deposit using any method other than Credit/Debit Cards or Applepay.
- Offer excludes customers who have not verified their phone number by SMS.
- The offer excludes the following bet types: Canadian, Goliath, Heinz, Lucky 15, Lucky 31, Lucky 63, Patent, Super Heinz, Trixie & Yankee.
- Full T&C’s apply – Gamble Responsibly .
Get up to £25 in free bets beginning with a Bet £10 Get £5 free bet then up to four more £5 free bets.
- After the initial £5 free bet you will receive a matched free bet equal to a 50% average of your next 3 qualifying bets up to £5.
- This will happen for every three qualifying bets up to four times for a maximum of £20 in free bets not including the original free bet.
- Maximum free bet received from 3 qualifying bets is £5 (must place an average of £30 in 3 bets to qualify for the full £5).
- Free bet stakes do not contribute towards the customers qualifying bets.
- Qualifying bet must be the first bet placed on the account to qualify for the first free bet.
- Minimum first bet of £10 or more to qualify.
- Maximum first free bet of £5. Minimum odds of 1/2 or greater required to qualify. For multiple bets the combined odds must be 1/2 or greater.
- Qualifying bets must be placed on sportsbook markets.
- Your free bet will be awarded in the currency your account is held in.
- Cashed out bets will not qualify towards your average stake.
- All acquired free bets gained through other promotions will be removed from this offer.
- Offer available to new customers only. The First free bet will be applied within 1 hour of settlement of the £10 qualifying bet.
- Each free bet after this will be applied within 1 hour of settlement and qualification criteria based on your average stake.
- Bets placed on the same selection multiple times will not qualify for this offer.
- Free bet cannot be used over the same selections. Free bet stakes will not qualify for this offer. Free bets cannot be transferred. Free bets will expire within 7 days.
- Free bet stakes will not be included in any free bet returns.
- Free bets will not qualify for any other special offers such as Cash Back Specials, BPG & Extra Places, etc.
- Qualifying bet must be placed within 30 days of account opening.
- Offer applies to UK (excluding NI) customers only.
Most Popular Handball Competitions
Handball is well-represented in the world of online sports betting, with many international and regional competitions being covered by online betting sites. Here are the most popular handball competitions:
World Handball Championships
The World Handball Championship is the most popular handball competition in the world. It is held biannually and involves countries all around the world. The competition has been dominated by European countries. The championship is played in a group format before knockout rounds are played.
Handball enjoys massive popularity at the Summer Olympic Games and is very popular amongst punters. It has been an Olympic discipline since 1972, though the sports betting popularity came much later, in the late 90’s. The most successful countries in handball at the summer Olympics are France and the former nations of Yugoslavia and the Soviet Union.
European Handball Championship
The European championship is played every two years, like the World Championships and sees the best handball nations in Europe competing for the championship. The European Championship also doubles as the qualification tournament for the World Handball Championships.
EHF Champions League
The EHF Championship League is the most prestigious regional competition organized by the European Handball Federation. It involves the leading handball clubs in Europe and lasts almost all year round, beginning in September and lasting all the way to June. Currently, the most successful club in the competition is FC Barcelona Handball Club with 9 total titles.
Handball Domestic Leagues
Domestic handball leagues are very popular amongst punters in Europe, but not as much in the UK. The two strongest domestic handball competitions in Europe are the German, French and Spanish national handball leagues. They receive the widest coverage and the most handball markets out of all European handball competitions.
How to Bet on Handball
While handball is by no means among the most popular sports to bet on in the world, it certainly has a large audience and enjoys a lot of attention from online betting sites. We will go over the most popular bets in handball and explain in short how they apply in particular matches.
Handball Match Betting
As is the case with any other mainstream sports like football or basketball, punters can make simple match bets in handball as well. This is the most popular type of bet you can make and revolves around the result of a given match. If you’re familiar with basic 1X2 betting, you will have no trouble picking up the basics of betting on handball. The only thing that differs is that unlike football and other low scoring sports, handball matches very rarely end in a draw. That is why the odds on draws are the longest and also why this type of bet is not very popular amongst handball bettors.
Handball Handicap Betting
In handball, it’s often the case that one team is heavily favored over another. To counter the favorites odds, betting sites create a handicap to balance the odds. This means that when you’re betting on one of the teams, you are either betting on the favorite to win by more goals than the set handicap, or the weaker team to win or to lose by fewer goals than set by handicap. Advanced bettors often go for this option, as it provides a good alternative when you want to bet on the favored team but are also looking for longer odds.
Other Handball Bets
Besides the most popular betting markets, there are also a number of other bets punters can place when betting on handball. Since handball is a very high scoring sport, bettors have a wide variety of goal-oriented bets. These include the total number of goals in the first and second half, odd or even goal numbers and bets like will more goals be scored in the first or second half? Totals bets are also very common in handball betting, as the focus is not on who will win the match, but what the outcome of the match variables will be.
Can I place live bets on Handball?
Almost every online betting site has a live in-play betting section available for their customers. Punters can enjoy placing live bets on handball matches as soon as they start. This is to no surprise, as handball is a major sport popular in many countries over the world. In-play betting has experienced a massive surge in popularity, so much so that you can really get great value out of it sometimes. In-play betting can be a very lucrative betting option, especially in the early stages of big competitions, where odds heavily favor the stronger team. All you have to do is watch and wait for the stronger team to slip up or have a weak couple of minutes during a match, so you can pinch good odds on a live in-play bet.
Are there Live streams Available at Handball Betting Sites?
You can watch live handball matches at some online betting sites by using their live streaming service. This can be a great add-on to your betting experience, just keep in mind that this service doesn’t come completely for free. To be eligible to use an online bookie’s live stream service, you will usually have to place a bet or have a funded account on their website. Since handball isn’t as popular as some other sports, not all events are covered by online betting sites, though the most reputable competitions will certainly find their way into the live streams.
How to pick the best Handball betting site?
There are countless of opportunities how to bet on handball, there are handball games played on a daily basis, and online betting sites do a great job of covering the majority of the competitions and presenting them to their customers. Experienced handball bettors know how to get the best out of competitive odds and betting bonuses. There are multiple things to keep in mind when choosing the best handball betting site, and we will talk about each of them:
Handball Betting Bonuses
Taking advantage of valuable betting bonuses and promotions can really go a long way and help you build up a nice betting budget. There are so many handball matches throughout the years and that means two things. First, that there are countless opportunities to wager on, and second, online betting sites will be giving out a whole lot of bonuses. For instance, you can find online handball betting sites that offer free handball bets or handball accumulators and even handball Acca insurance. These are just the small sample of bonuses available, you can find out which betting site has what bonuses by reading our detailed reviews on them.
Value of Betting Odds
Odds can change in a matter of seconds, so it’s crucial to find a handball betting site that always stays on top of their game. The perfect example for this is BetVictor, a handball betting site that always offers excellent odds on handball matches, no matter the competition.[select_bonuses object=”10″ bonus=”1444″]
Coverage of Events and Markets
Betting sites often keep track of one another on a day to day basis, but the best online handball betting sites know when to put it into an extra gear when the big tournaments come around. Handball betting sites that provide their customers with a wide range of markets, in-depth coverage, statistics, and articles, can go a long way into helping you improve your knowledge and chances of winning.
Handball Betting Tips
Punters interested to start betting on handball need to know as much as possible about the sport, most importantly the rules and what players and teams generally perform the best. Wagering blindly on a sport like handball is not recommended. That’s why we’ve created this comprehensive guide, to help you increase your chances of winning. But, you can also go a step further by comparing online betting sites and doing your research on bookies before signing up with them. It’s easier placing handball bets and live in-play bets online, and it’s all made possible by the internet, so why not take advantage of it. Though doing research obviously won’t guarantee you a win, it can dramatically increase your chances. We hope you’ve found this page to be useful and informative. Best of luck in your handball betting adventures!
Good handball promotions to be found
Can be clustered and confusing
A wide variety of competitions during the entire year
Requires good knowledge of the sport itself
Excellent betting markets
Live betting and streaming
Handball Betting FAQs
Is handball betting popular in the UK?
The United Kingdom hasn’t yet caught the handball betting fever, although there are a lot of markets to bet on in UK sportsbooks. Handball is most popular in continental Europe nations, most notably in Denmark, France, Germany, and Croatia. They are joined by other handball nations throughout the world from countries like Egypt, Japan, and Brazil.
Where can I find the best handball betting odds?
Although this is a very common question, there isn’t a general right or wrong answer to this question. Odds can significantly differ from one betting site to another, so the best way to go about it is to shop around until you find the best odds for you. If you want to maximize your potential profits, you can sign up with multiple bookies, so that you always combine and get the best prices for your desired market.
Can I stream live handball matches?
There are a few reputable UK-based betting sites that cater to their customers with a full live streaming service. Two of the most popular handball betting sites that do this are William Hill and Unibet. They are also considered to be amongst the bet handball betting sites in general and are a great choice for both in-play betting and live streaming.