If there is one thing that most golf punters will agree on it is that finishing off the season with a winner is always nice. Hopefully, we can help you do just that. The Australian Open is the final big event on the calendar and on this page you can find out more about the best Australian Open bookmakers.
This page is full of Australian Open betting advice and it also contains information on in-play golf betting, live Australian Open golf streaming, and more.
7 Best Australian Open Golf Betting Sites
Top 3 Australian Open Betting Sites Up Close
One of Europe’s most prominent online bookmakers, Unibet have made big inroads into the UK market in the past few years. One of their strongest areas is golf betting and if you want to bet on the Australian Open you won’t find many better bookies. Outright betting on the Australian Open is available long before the start of the tournament, ideal for those early birds who like to get bets on before anyone else.
Okay, Unibet don’t have live streaming of the Australian Open available for their customers but live golf streams are still tough to find at any UK bookie. The Unibet mobile and web apps have all the same Australian Open betting markets as the desktop site and in-play betting is on the menu at Unibet too.
Bet365 is the choice of many professional punters for betting on the Australian Open. Beginners should consider signing up with bet365 too as this is a bookie that has something for everyone. Two of the areas where bet365 really excel are with the quality of their Australian Open betting odds and the range of available markets.
Those who like flashy graphics and gimmicks may not enjoy the betting experience at bet365. The bet365 desktop site and mobile apps are geared towards one thing only and that is betting. That is why bet365 is so popular with serious punters and the lack of distractions make bet365 an ideal starting point for novices also.
The Grand Daddy of British betting sites, William Hill have been around for donkey’s years. One of the best things about betting on golf at William Hill is the range of promotions you can take advantage of. For example, you can expect to find lots of extra places each-way for the Australian Open and no doubt William Hill will be running some Australian Open free bet offers too.
Again, just like with Unibet and bet365, you can’t access Australian Open golf live streaming at William Hill. Live Australian Open betting most certainly is available though and you’ll find plenty of unique match betting markets and prop bets at William Hill too. For the best Australian Open promotions and a quality in-play betting experience, William Hill comes highly recommended.
Recommended Australian Open Betting Markets
Are you serious about finding Australian Open winning bets? If so, then this section really does make for essential reading. This is where we discuss the options available to you when you go to have a bet on the Australian Open. From win and each-way outright betting to prop bets and everything in between, we have all the information you need to know about Australian Open betting markets. Keep scrolling to get informed.
🏌️Win Or Each Way (Outright)
- Outright win and each way betting is extremely popular.
- A win bet consists of one wager only and your player must win the tournament for you to get a return.
- With over 100 players in the field it makes more sense to place each-way bets (stake split on win/place) .
- Most bookies pay 5 places 1/5 odds as standard but if you shop around you should be able to get extra places from one of our top Australian open betting sites.
🏌️Hole In One Markets
- Once upon a time you could get massive odds about there being a hole in one at a tournament.
- Nowadays the prices are a lot shorter but even so, this is a type of ‘Prop Bet’ that interests a lot of punters.
- You can bet on whether there will be a Hole In One at the Australian Open over the whole tournament or for each individual round.
- Make sure to check the history and stats of the host course to see how common Holes In One are before you have a bet.
- This is an interesting market for those looking for Australian Open bets at shorter odds.
- The bookies group 3 players together and you bet on the golfer you think will perform best out of the 3.
- 3-Ball bets can be placed on the performance over the entire event or for single rounds at the Australian Open.
- If you are thinking about placing an Australian Open Golf acca, combining 3-ball selections is a good idea.
- Remember to look out for any relevant Australian Open betting offers like acca insurance or acca boosts.
Is Australian Open Live Betting Available?
Yes, Australian Open live betting is available at the vast majority of bookmakers mentioned on this page. Simply log in after the tournament has begun and head for your chosen bookie’s in-play betting suite. Once there you will be able to view all available in-play Australian Open betting markets. For us, the bet365 live betting suite probably outshone the rest for a couple of reasons. Firstly, placing a bet only takes a couple of clicks and secondly, in-play odds refresh rapidly (read more about this in our in-depth look into bet365).
We believe that in-play golf betting is best suited to more seasoned punters. If you are only starting out then you won’t be familiar with players’ body language and temperaments. It pays to watch as many tournaments as you can to learn about the habits of different players before you start in-play betting. If in doubt, follow the steps listed in our Australian Open betting guide below. You’ll learn who can handle the pressure best and who is most likely to fold and this is invaluable knowledge to have when in-play betting on Australian Open markets.
Live Streaming – Unavailable in the UK
In the current climate it is unfortunate that live golf streams are tough to find with UK bookies. There is no issue finding live football, tennis and cricket streams with William Hill, bet365 and Unibet but no Australian Open live streaming is available with any of the betting sites listed on this page.
You will be able to watch the Australian Open live on Satellite TV and that means it is possible to bet on your mobile or desktop device as you watch. It isn’t the same as being able to stream and bet at the one site, but if you want to bet in-play at least you will be able to watch the action live at home or down in your local.
Who has the best Australian Open Mobile Betting App?
The one Australian Open betting golf app that stood out from the crow for us was Unibet’s. Long established as an industry leader on the European scene, Unibet is becoming an ever more popular choice for UK punters and Unibet’s Android and iOS Apps are a big part of the attraction for some.
They have their fingers on the pulse when it comes to betting odds, Australian Open golf promotions and there is a solid selection of markets available too. Their Android and iOS Web Apps are nicely designed, simple to navigate and the software operates very smoothly across both platforms. You can bet in-play on the Australian Open on the Unibet mobile apps too. So, if you mostly bet on golf on mobile, download the Unibet app now.
So, what sort of promotions should you be watching out for when the Australian Open starts? Well, we strongly believe in making use of any relevant promotions, as long as they are worth it. Some special offers aren’t really all that special once you consider staking limits or wagering and turnover requirements.
The promotions we included here are three of the most common Australian Open betting specials you’ll encounter. Enhanced odds offers will secure you bigger odds than standard on selected players. With extra places each-way you massively increase your chances of getting a return from each-way Australian Open bets and Acca Insurance offers can save you from a heart-breaking bad beat.
|Enhanced Odds||Get boosted odds for selected players.Bigger returns for winning wagers.||Strict staking limits often apply.Some bookies may pay extra winnings as bonus bets.|
|Extra Places Each-Way||Get extra places for each-way wagers.Increased chances of getting a return.||Bets settled at 1/5 odds rather than the standard 1/4 odds.|
|Acca Insurance||Get money back if one leg of an acca lets you down.||Limits on refunds and stringent odds requirements.Stake refunded as bonus funds or a free bet rather than as cash.|
Expert Australian Open Betting Advice
If you are looking for help on how to narrow the field and boost your chances of finding elusive Australian Open winning bets, this is the section you simply must read. Some of our finest golf betting brains have been kind enough to reveal their most effective Australian Open betting advice. Clearly, there are no guarantees when betting Australian Open golf favourites or outsiders, but the following advice will greatly increase your chances of picking out some winning bets.
- ⛳Strong Home Challenge: Given its position on the calendar, not many International stars play in the Australian Open. The domestic challenge is always strong and between 2010-19 five Australian players lifted the Stonehaven Cup. However, if a top player like McIlroy or Spieth does show up they usually go very close to winning.
- ⛳Course Specialists: The two most frequently used courses for the Australian Open are The Lakes (links style) and The Australian Golf Club (parkland style). Both courses require different skill sets and you should back players with proven form on the actual course or courses with similar characteristics.
- ⛳Do Your Research: There are a wealth of different resources that you can use to improve your chances of backing the Australian Open winner. Look back at previous Champions and results on the official Australian PGA Site. You can also check the form and latest stats for International players on the PGA or European Tour official sites.
- ⛳Odds and Promotions: It should go without saying how important finding the best odds for your Australian Open bets is. The bigger the odds, the more money you will make, and using any relevant Australian Open betting promotions could boost your returns even more!
|💡TIP! Don’t forget to check out our recommended betting markets for the Australian Open! Combining that with the advice in this section could end up with a winning combination!|
As we briefly mentioned in the previous section, looking back at past results can give you an insight into what might happen in the future. Lightening has a funny habit of striking twice in golf and some players simply thrive when they play in the Australian Open. Below you can look at a table displaying the last 5 winners of the Australian Open.
Australian Open Betting FAQs
Who has the best Australian Open odds?
One of the things to keep in mind when you start betting is the massive importance of the odds. Finding the best Australian Open betting odds is a top priority and the key to success is shopping around. Our list of the best Australian Open bookies is a good starting point for your search. If you do get a winner, you’ll really reap the benefits.
Where can I find the best Australian Open promotions and golf betting offers?
If you are looking for the best Australian Open betting offers it depends what sort of specials you are looking for. Some bookies specialise in enhanced odds and extra places each way, while others tend to focus on free bets or acca insurance offers. As a general rule, William Hill are one of the best bookies for golf promotions but shop around to see if you can find any promotions that can be applied to your bet.
What bookie has the best Australian Open mobile app?
Our experts were extremely impressed by the Australian Open betting app on offer from William Hill. You can find out more about why we rate them so highly in our section on Australian Open mobile betting. However, each app has its strengths and weaknesses and personal preferences are different for everyone. Just check out as many different Australian Open betting apps as you can until you find the one that suits you best.
Where can I stream the Australian Open golf live?
Although all of the bookies on this page facilitate in-play betting on the Australian Open, unfortunately, live streaming is unavailable. The rights are currently held by satellite tv companies so you’ll need to subscribe to your local provider if you want to watch the Australian Open live.