Most punters agree that the Ryder Cup is one of the most exciting golf betting events on the calendar. It is also true that finding the best Ryder Cup bookie is key to having a positive Ryder Cup betting experience. Our golf betting experts have compiled a list of the best Ryder Cup bookmakers in the UK.
This page is the complete guide to Ryder Cup betting, with information on Ryder Cup markets, in-play betting, live streaming and much more.
Top 9 UK Ryder Cup Betting Sites
Top 3 Ryder Cup Betting Sites Up Close
Unibet Has Lots Of Ryder Cup Markets
For anyone with an interest in betting on golf’s premier team tournament, Unibet is a bookie that is well worth checking out. Unibet has every angle of betting on the Ryder Cup covered and the excellent range of golf betting markets you’ll find is second to none. More importantly, Unibet’s Ryder Cup betting Odds are more than competitive in comparison to some of their main industry rivals.
Ryder Cup in-play betting is available and you can access all these markets and features on both desktop and the high-quality Unibet mobile betting apps for iOS and Android. Unibet are well known for running regular Ryder Cup promotions and bonuses too. To sum up, in our view Unibet is a great choice for Ryder Cup betting.
Get Ryder Cup Promotions With William Hill
A British betting institution, William Hill is a bookie that we recommend trying if you want to bet on the Ryder Cup. With a very decent selection of Ryder Cup markets and a top-notch in-play betting suite, William Hill more than deserves its place on our list of the best Ryder Cup betting sites in the UK.
You can be sure that you will get plenty of Ryder Cup free bet offers if you sign up with William Hill and they have lots of promotions for other major golf events too. Okay, you won’t be able to stream the Ryder Cup live if you open a William Hill account but no other sites have live streaming available either. The positives far outweigh the negatives and you won’t find many better bookies for Ryder Cup betting than William Hill.
Bet365 Ryder Cup Betting – The Pro’s Choice
Although bet365 cater for casual punters too, for pro punters and high stakes bettors there is no better Ryder Cup bookmaker. As soon as you visit bet365 the difference with other sites is instantly noticeable. They don’t rely on flashy advertisements or gimmicks to attract customers. Instead, bet365 focus on what really matters to pro punters, Ryder Cup odds and Ryder Cup markets.
The bet365 in-play betting suite is easy to use on both desktop and mobile and placing an in-play Ryder Cup bet can be done with just two clicks! Speed is everything when it comes to placing live bets and you won’t find many faster bookies in this area than bet365. For a brilliant Ryder Cup in-play betting experience you should give bet365 a go.
Ryder Cup Betting Markets Explained
This is where you will find out lots of useful information on some of the most popular Ryder Cup betting markets. We look at the main markets like Ryder Cup outright winner and match betting, and we will also briefly examine other markets like Top Points Scorer and Correct Score betting. Combine this with our section on Ryder Cup betting advice and tips to boost your prospects of backing lots of winners from your Ryder Cup wagers.
- A total of 28 points are up for grabs at the Ryder Cup and as ties are possible this is a 3 way market.
- You can bet on either team to win or on the draw.
- Remember, if you are betting on who will lift the Ryder Cup trophy, the holders retain the Cup in the event of a draw.
- The most important factor to consider when betting on the Ryder Cup outright winner is finding the best odds.
- This is the only way you can guarantee maximum returns from any winning bets.
- Ryder Cup Foursomes betting will be available for the first two days, along with Fourballs betting.
- The third day sees all 12 players from both teams play against each other in singles matches.
- Ryder Cup Match betting markets will be formed once the draws for each day’s play are made.
- Those who enjoy placing accas or multis should strongly consider combining Ryder Cup match betting selections.
- Check online for any Ryder Cup singles betting tips before you have a bet.
- Watch out for any acca insurance or acca boost promotions if you choose to go down that route.
🏌️Correct Score Betting
- This is one of the more difficult Ryder Cup betting markets to crack.
- Correct score betting is available for individual Ryder Cup matches as well as the overall result.
- If you are looking for a Ryder Cup bet at decent odds then correct score betting is a plausible option.
- However, given the talent on display it can be hard enough to pick a match-winner, let alone the correct final score.
- We advise sticking to single bets when betting on Ryder Cup correct score markets.
- Finding winners is far from easy but when you do land one you will usually be very well rewarded.
🏌️Top Points Scorer
- This is another interesting Ryder Cup betting market that is popular with punters.
- Players earn points for each match they are involved in, 1 point for a win and 0.5 points for a tie.
- Bets are settled on the total number of points scored by each player over all three days.
- You can bet on the overall top points scorer at the Ryder Cup or alternatively the top points scorer for either team.
- Experienced Ryder Cup campaigners will likely play in more matches than rookies so they are more likely to accumulate more points.
- The number of wildcard picks for both teams at the Ryder Cup depends on the personal preference of the captains.
- The USA captain has 4 wildcard picks with 8 of the team qualifying via rankings. Europe’s captain has 3 Wildcard Picks.
- Once the qualifying places are settled Ryder Cup wildcard betting markets will be formed.
- You can bet on who you think either captain will pick as their wildcards.
- Ryder Cup pairings betting is also available and instead of betting on the captain’s wildcard pick, you bet on which players will partner each-other in foursomes and fourballs.
Who Has the Best Mobile App for Betting on the Ryder Cup?
If you are looking for a top-quality Ryder Cup betting app then your search could be over. All of the top bookies we mention here have quality mobile apps, but for betting on the Ryder Cup it is hard to beat the William Hill mobile experience. You can bet in-play on the Ryder Cup at William Hill and the same selection of markets can be accessed on mobile and desktop.
Users of iOS and Android devices are catered for with native apps at William Hill, while users of other platforms can bet on the Ryder Cup on their web app via their mobile browsers. You might even find some mobile-only Ryder Cup promotions on the William Hill app too, another one of the many reasons why we believe that this is the best Ryder Cup betting app of all.
Is Live Betting Available on the Ryder Cup?
Yes, if you sign up with any of the top Ryder Cup betting sites listed on our site you’ll be able to bet in-play on the Ryder Cup. The tournament’s format makes it ideal for in-play betting. The pressure is much higher on players as it is a team event and some handle it a whole lot better than others. This makes for dramatic swings during matches and Ryder Cup in-play punters can often make a killing at nice odds if they are good at reading players’ body language.
That is why we recommend watching as much golf as you possibly can before you bet in-play on the Ryder Cup. It is the best way to learn about players’ habits and ‘tells’ and if you can spot when a player is about to lose the plot it will give you a massive advantage when betting in-play. Our advice is to try as many bookmakers as possible to find the in-play betting suite you like best.
Do any Bookies Have Live Ryder Cup Streaming?
Unfortunately, UK punters will not be able to access Ryder Cup live streaming with any of the bookies mentioned on this page. Fans of other sports like horse racing, football and tennis can access live streaming of some events with Unibet and bet365. No Ryder Cup betting sites have live streaming of the event available.
If you have access to the live action on TV, you can still experience the excitement of live betting while you watch. Just download a Ryder Cup mobile betting app from one of the bookies mentioned on this page and you will be able to bet on your phone while you watch the action unfold.
Ryder Cup Betting Promotions And Specials
If you want to make finding a Ryder Cup winner an even sweeter experience, make sure to take full advantage of any Ryder Cup free bet offers or promotions. Given its importance on the sporting calendar and also that it only comes around every two years, it is unsurprising that the vast majority of the top Ryder Cup betting sites heavily target the tournament with promotions. You might find pre-tournament and Ryder Cup in-play betting specials at some Ryder Cup betting sites. Below you can see some of the most common types of Ryder Cup special offers you might encounter.
|Free Bet Offers||Get a free bet token when, for example, a player you back gets an eagle during a match.|
|Enhanced Odds||Sometimes you will find enhanced odds for certain markets. For example, Team Europe to win both Fourball Matches boosted from 5/2 to 4/1.|
|Acca Boost||Some bookies will boost the odds of winning Ryder Cup Accas. Check to see how many legs are required and also the minimum odds required to qualify for these offers.|
|Acca Insurance||Again, certain Ryder Cup accas will qualify for Acca Insurance. This is when a bookie refunds your losing stake if one leg of a Ryder Cup acca lets you down. Usually there is a minimum of 4+ legs required and a maximum stake restriction to qualify. Check T&Cs to ensure you don’t miss out.|
|Welcome Offers||Usually Welcome offers will offer new customers enhanced odds for limited stakes or other Bet To Get offers. Watch out for wagering requirements with these offers and read the small print closely.|
Ryder Cup Betting Advice – Get Ahead!
This is the section that you have been waiting for! Here is where you will find some golden nuggets of information that are going to boost your chances of finding regular Ryder Cup winners. You will also learn why finding the best betting odds for Ryder Cup betting markets is so important and why it is vital to put in the hard yards carrying out research on stats and form before you have a wager. You could also think about joining forces with your mates and increase resources by setting up a Ryder Cup betting pool. Find out more advice on how to bet on the Ryder Cup below…
- ⛳Format + Course Types: The draws for all five ‘rounds’ of the Ryder Cup are made a couple of hours max before the start of play. On the opening two days there are 8x Foursome matches and 8x Fourball matches, while on the final day there are 12x Singles matches. Always consider what players are best suited by the course characteristics before you have a bet (e.g. is the course best suited to big hitters or more accurate players).
- ⛳Team Unity: Team USA generally have the best individual players on their team but that hasn’t translated into success. Since the turn of the century, Europe have dominated and the USA lifted the trophy just twice between 2002 and 2018. Europe won it seven times during that period, proving that team unity is much more important than individual brilliance at the Ryder Cup.
- ⛳Find The Best Ryder Cup Odds: This is one piece of advice that cannot be ignored. If you don’t get the best odds you will directly and negatively impact your returns from winning bets. There are many variables that you can’t control when betting on the Ryder Cup but one thing you can do is make sure you get the best Ryder Cup betting odds for every wager. Betting odds on Ryder Cup markets can vary massively so it can pay to shop around.
- ⛳Study Form + Stats: Before you make your Ryder Cup betting picks it makes sense to spend some time studying the PGA’s official stats. Previous Ryder Cup results are always well worth checking as certain players prosper in this team event. They can often be worth backing, even if they are coming up against higher-ranked opponents. Graeme McDowell is an example of a player who is transformed by the white hot atmosphere at Ryder Cups.
- ⛳Take advantage of Betting Specials: As we already explained in our bonuses and promotions section, Ryder Cup bookies will have plenty of special offers for new and existing customers. If you see any Ryder Cup betting specials for a team or player you really fancy to win, it makes perfect sense to take full advantage. Any Ryder Cup betting offers that can potentially boost winnings are worth utilising.
Past Ryder Cup Winners List
History has a funny habit of repeating itself in sport and that is why looking back at official previous Ryder Cup results and performances can improve your prospects of picking winning Ryder Cup bets. Below you can see some of the most recent winners and the top Ryder Cup points scorers for each year. The likes of Ian Poulter and Justin Rose are Ryder Cup legends and are always of interest in the top points scorer and other Ryder Cup betting markets.
|Year||Winner||Top Points Scorer|
|2018||Team Europe🇪🇺||Molinari (5 pts)|
|2016||Team USA🇺🇸||Pieters (4 pts)|
|2014||Team Europe🇪🇺||Rose (4 pts)|
|2012||Team Europe🇪🇺||Poulter (4 pts)|
|2010||Team Europe🇪🇺||Stricker, Woods, Donald, Poulter (3 pts)|
Ryder Cup Betting FAQs
What UK site has the best Ryder Cup betting odds?
As we have already mentioned a couple of times on this page, getting the best betting odds on Ryder Cup is absolutely pivotal if you want to maximise profits. Finding winners is tough enough so at the very least you need to ensure that when you do back a winner you get the maximum possible return. Bet365 have a reputation for having extremely competitive Ryder Cup odds as well as some nice promotions, but if you want to be sure you aren’t missing out, shop around and take a look at our top Ryder Cup betting sites list.
What UK bookie has the best Ryder Cup golf betting promotions?
There are various different promotions and special offers you will come across once the Ryder Cup starts and they can apply to many different Ryder Cup markets. If you are looking for the best Ryder Cup betting promotions then we recommend keeping an eye on the promotions pages at both Unibet and William Hill. They can usually be relied upon to have some seriously good Ryder Cup free bets or enhanced odds offers.
How often is the Ryder Cup played?
The Ryder Cup is a team golf tournament played between the USA and Europe every two years. The top 12 players from Europe and the United States fight it out over three days and the USA and Europe both take turns hosting the Ryder Cup. This means punters have plenty of time to go through our Ryder Cup betting advice & tips to help themselves get ready!
Are there any mobile betting Ryder Cup apps?
If you are looking for a Ryder Cup mobile betting app then you are in the right place. All of the Ryder Cup betting sites we mention on this page have mobile apps or web apps but for us, Unibet is the best choice for Ryder Cup betting on mobile. You can access an excellent range of Ryder Cup markets and live betting on the Ryder Cup is available too.