We can all agree that every punter wants to back as many British Open Championship winners as possible. On this page we don’t just help you find those elusive winning bets, we also reveal who we believe to be the 9 best British Open betting sites.
You can also discover up to date information on British Open live streaming, in-play betting and we even tell you how to get the best British Open Championship odds. To learn more, keep on scrolling…
Best 9 British Open Betting Sites
- £40 Money Back as Bonus on Your First Bet + £10 Casino Bonus.
- The minimum qualifying deposit is £10.
- You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at odds of 2/5 (1.40) in the Sportsbook, 25x for Casino.
- Your first bet is not considered to be a qualifying bet if betting on horse racing, greyhound racing, trotting, and/or virtual sports
- Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus
- The bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in.
- No deposit required for NI customers
- This offer applies to your first bet only. If you win your first bet the bonus has been used. If you place a system bet only the first settled column of £10 or higher will count towards the bonus.
- New Customers Only. 18+, Further T&Cs Apply.
Open Account Offer
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 300% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £30* in Bet Credits. Once released your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
– Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
– In market/fixture combinations that only have two or three potential outcomes (for example Soccer Full Time Result), where you have placed bets on more than one potential outcome, either pre-match or In-Play, only the outcome with your highest cumulative stake will count.
– Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
– Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
– Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
- The code CD365 doesn’t change the welcome offer.
*or currency equivalent
T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
- Only available to new William Hill customers in the UK or Ireland;
- Customers must sign up using Promo Code P30;
- Only one ‘new account offer’ per person, household address, email address, debit/credit card number, or IP address is allowed;
- Duplicate accounts will not qualify for this offer;
- This Promotion is not available to new accounts depositing funds with Entropay, Paypal, Neosurf, iDeal, Paysafe, Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, Kalibra/Postpay;
- Offer will run from 00:01 on 12 November 2019 until 23:59 on 31 March 2020;
- Only available for customers who deposit in GBP pounds (£) sterling or Euro (€) currencies;
- Qualifying bet must be placed with a unit stake of £10/€10 or greater;
- For bets placed as an Each Way bet, only the win part for the bet will count towards to offer;
- Qualifying bet must be placed at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater;
- Qualifying bet must be placed on the William Hill Sportsbook site only;
- Qualifying bet must be struck using funds from your main balance;
- Qualifying bet can be pre-match or in-play;
- Cash in my bet is not available for bets placed that trigger a free bet as part of a promotion until at least one selection has been resulted or is In-Play. At this point, Cash in my bet will become available as long as all the other availability conditions are met;
- Free bets will be paid as 2 x £15/€15 denominations;
- Free bets can be used on any sportsbook product (excluding tote, pool, and lottery bets);
- Free bets will be available for 30 days;
- Free Bet is non-refundable and may not be withdrawn;
- Free Bet stake will be excluded from any winnings;
- Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed;
- Cash in my bet will be available for bets placed using a free bet (minus the value of the initial free bet);
- Player, country, currency, Market restrictions and terms apply.
Get up to £25 in free bets beginning with a Bet £10 Get £5 free bet then up to four more £5 free bets.
- After the initial £5 free bet you will receive a matched free bet equal to a 50% average of your next 3 qualifying bets up to £5.
- This will happen for every three qualifying bets up to four times for a maximum of £20 in free bets not including the original free bet.
- Maximum free bet received from 3 qualifying bets is £5 (must place an average of £30 in 3 bets to qualify for the full £5).
- Free bet stakes do not contribute towards the customers qualifying bets.
- Qualifying bet must be the first bet placed on the account to qualify for the first free bet.
- Minimum first bet of £10 or more to qualify.
- Maximum first free bet of £5. Minimum odds of 1/2 or greater required to qualify. For multiple bets the combined odds must be 1/2 or greater.
- Qualifying bets must be placed on sportsbook markets.
- Your free bet will be awarded in the currency your account is held in.
- Cashed out bets will not qualify towards your average stake.
- All acquired free bets gained through other promotions will be removed from this offer.
- Offer available to new customers only. The First free bet will be applied within 1 hour of settlement of the £10 qualifying bet.
- Each free bet after this will be applied within 1 hour of settlement and qualification criteria based on your average stake.
- Bets placed on the same selection multiple times will not qualify for this offer.
- Free bet cannot be used over the same selections. Free bet stakes will not qualify for this offer. Free bets cannot be transferred. Free bets will expire within 7 days.
- Free bet stakes will not be included in any free bet returns.
- Free bets will not qualify for any other special offers such as Cash Back Specials, BPG & Extra Places, etc.
- Qualifying bet must be placed within 30 days of account opening.
- Offer applies to UK (excluding NI) customers only.
- New Customers Only. Must be 18+.
- Deposit and bet £10 or more to receive a £30 free bet.
- A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/$10 placed on any sports markets
- Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded.
- Free bets credited within 24 hours after qualifying bet settlement and expire after 30 days
- Free bet stakes not included in returns
- Bets placed using free bets as the stake (in full or in part) will not qualify.
- Offer excludes customers who make their first deposit using any method other than Credit/Debit Cards or Applepay.
- Offer excludes customers who have not verified their phone number by SMS.
- The offer excludes the following bet types: Canadian, Goliath, Heinz, Lucky 15, Lucky 31, Lucky 63, Patent, Super Heinz, Trixie & Yankee.
- Full T&C’s apply – Gamble Responsibly .
100% of your first deposit up to $200 + $10 Casino Bonus!
- Minimum qualifying deposit: $10
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Payment method restrictions: Deposits made with PayPal, Entropay, Neteller, Paysafecard, and Skrill are not eligible for this promotion
- Sports Wagering requirement: 6x bonus amount
- Odds restrictions: 1.50 (1/2)
- Time limit: Wagering requirements must be met within 60 days
- Users must opt-in to this promotion
- Cashed out and voided bets do not contribute to the wagering requirements for this offer
- Once the bonus has been activated, users may not withdraw any funds until the wagering requirements have been completed
- This promotion is only available to users residing in Canada
- 18+, New Customers Only
100% Matched Free Bet Up To $100
- Max. Bonus Amount: $100
- Min. Odds for Qualifying Bet: 2.00
- Qualifying bet must be placed within 7 days of registering your account
- Restricted Payment Methods: PaySafe, Skrill, Neteller
- Cashed Out or Partially Cashed Out bets are not considered to be qualifying bets
- Void bets, Special Markets, BetBoosts, and Enhanced Accas are not considered to be qualifying bets
- Free Bet Rules
- Free bets can be used on any sports
- Your free bet can be used on a whole bet, or a number of smaller bets
- Profit Limit: Amount of stake
- Free bets will expire within 7 days
- No Wagering Requirements apply to this promotion
- 18+ New Customers only
- Residents of Canada only
- Full Terms and Conditions apply
Up to £100 Extra Winnings on your first LeoVegas SPORT bet.
- The maximum bet is £10 on odds of 2.0 (1/1) or higher.
- Only applies to first qualifying bet.
- Should you place a combination bet the total odds must be 2.0 (1/1) or higher.
- The qualifying bet must be placed with real funds.
- Skrill/Neteller deposits do not qualify.
- The qualifying bet has to be placed within 7 days from the first deposit.
- 18+, New Customers Only.
Top 3 British Open Betting Sites Up Close
Unibet has Attractive British Open Odds
Unibet are one of the mainstays of the online betting industry and their reputation in Britain has increased massively in the last few years. If you are looking for British Open Championship betting, you could do a whole lot worse than Unibet. They form British Open betting markets well in advance of the tournament and Unibet’s British Open betting odds are ultra-competitive too.
You won’t be able to stream the Open Championship live with Unibet but that can’t be held against them as none of the bookies on our list have British Open Championship live streams. Unibet have an excellent range of markets and you won’t be disappointed if you are looking for original and innovative British Open Championship betting promotions.
Bet365 – A Solid Choice for British Open Betting
If you are looking for a solid all-rounder for betting on the British Open Championship then Bet365 could be right up your street. Bet365 aren’t afraid to have an opinion and as a result you can find some serious value when betting on the British Open Championship. That is why for many professional punters, Bet365 is their go-to bookie.
You may not find as many special offers as you would at some other bookies, but the British Open Championship betting promotions that Bet365 do run are usually well worth availing of. With an unrivalled selection of markets and one of the best in-play betting suites in the business, Bet365 more than deserves its place among the list of the top British Open betting sites in the UK.
William Hill – The Home Of British Open Championship Betting
Seasoned British punters know all about William Hill. It is one of the region’s most popular bookies and we think William Hill is one of the best choices for betting on the British Open Championship. One of the main reasons for our high opinion of William Hill is because of the quality of their British Open betting promotions.
You can expect to find enhanced odds, extra places each-way and British Open free bet offers at William Hill. We were also impressed by the high-quality William Hill mobile app where you can bet in-play anywhere at any time on the British Open Championship. For pro punters and casuals alike, William Hill is near the top of the leaderboard for British Open Championship golf betting.
Our Recommendations for British Open Betting Markets
Before you even think about having a bet on the British Open Championship you should first concentrate on picking the correct market. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses and the key is to find a market that gives you the best chance of finding winning bets. In this section we explain how some of the key British Open betting markets work and hopefully you will have a better idea of what market to concentrate on when you decide to have a bet.
🏌️Outright Winner (Win or Each-Way)
- This is where most people start their British Open Championship betting journey.
- You bet on who you think will win the Open Championship outright and you can choose to go just for the win (1 bet) or alternatively bet each-way (2 bets).
- If you are betting each-way on this market it makes sense to take advantage of any British Open Championship extra place offers.
- It could make the difference between getting a return or coming away with nothing.
- For punters who prefer betting at shorter odds, British Open Championship head-to-head betting enables you to do just that.
- Two players are paired together by the betting site and you bet on the one you think will achieve the highest finish.
- Round head-to-head betting is another option and this market is settled on the player that shoots the lowest score on a given day.
- For fans of accas and multis, British Open Championship head-to-head bets are ideal candidates for combining in multiple bets.
- Golf bettors with an eye for finding value in unusual places should always have a look at British Open Championship prop bets.
- A prop bet is a wager placed on a certain event occurring during the tournament.
- A good example of a prop bet would be a wager placed on Justin Rose to miss the cut in the Open Championship.
- Most of the betting sites mentioned on this page will have prop bets available for the British Open Championship.
|💡TIP! Don’t forget to check whether there are any bonus offers or promotions to help add value to your bet slip. Read more about these in our section on British Open Championship betting bonuses below!|
Can you bet in-play on the British Open Championship?
We are happy to report that most of the British Open betting sites mentioned on this page allow you to bet in-play, including Unibet, William Hill and Bet365. Golf is generally a slow-moving sport with a reputation for being boring. However, British Open Championship live betting adds a different dimension to the viewing experience.
If you are only starting out on your golf betting journey then you should wait until you have watched a few tournaments before betting in-play. Once you have gained some experience and learned how to read players’ body language, you will be ready to give British Open Championship live betting a try. Don’t forget to read our British Open betting advice below before building your betslip.
Which bookmaker has the Best British Open Betting App?
In the past few years, the number of punters that bet mostly on mobile has grown rapidly. Most bookies have taken note of this trend and as a result, the quality of golf betting apps is improving all the time. So what makes a high-quality British Open betting app? For us, it is all about ease of use and quality software.
If you want to bet in-play on the Open Championship on mobile the last thing you need is slow page load times or odds that take an age to refresh. To be fair, Unibet and Bet365 (and most of the other sites mentioned on this page) have mobile apps that are well up to scratch. The only way to discover which British Open betting app you like best is to try them out for yourself.
Live Streaming is NOT Available
This is one area where the top British Open betting sites have room for improvement. If you want to watch the British Open Championship live in the UK you can only do so on satellite tv or through a premium streaming service. This is true for a number of major golf events, punters can’t stream the US Open either, for example.
While great strides have been made by bookies in securing streaming rights for other major sporting events, for now at least you cannot access Open Championship live streaming with any of our leading betting sites. This doesn’t mean that there isn’t a lot of fun to be found with in-play betting, though. Take a look at the section on British Open live betting to find out more!
Betting Site Promotions and Offers
As we briefly mentioned earlier on, it is always worth watching out for any relevant British Open Championship betting bonuses or free bet offers. UK bookmakers know how big a betting event this tournament is and they do their level best to attract new customers (and keep existing customers happy) by running lots of different British Open promotions and special offers.
If, as we suggested, you fancy combining British Open head-to-head selections in accumulators, you should keep an eye out for any ‘British Open Acca Insurance’ or ‘Acca Boost’ offers. Acca insurance promotions can save you from a bad beat if one leg lets you down. If you do manage to land a winning acca, it is nice to get an extra boost to your winnings.
One thing to be wary of when looking for British Open free bets is the turnover requirements. Some bonus offers require you to turn over the value of the balance a number of times before any cash can be withdrawn. Always read the terms and conditions closely before signing up for any offers or promotions. Sometimes they simply aren’t worth the outlay required to earn the bonus amount.
British Open Betting Advice
Last, but not least, our panel of golf betting experts will let you in on some of their British Open betting tips and trade secrets. There is no such thing as a sure thing when you are betting on any sport and in the pressure cooker environment at the British Open Championship, things can become very unpredictable. The key is to try and find players that will not wilt in the heat of battle and hopefully, the British Open Championship betting tips below will help you improve your strike rate.
- ⛳Make Odds Your Top Priority: Any punter with notions of making money from British Open Championship betting needs to realise how vitally important it is to get the very best odds for all your wagers. Never settle for second best and always make finding the best odds your top priority. We recommend taking a close look at our top 3 British Open betting sites to get the best value.
- ⛳Watch The Irish: Rory McIlroy, Darren Clarke Padraig Harrington and Shane Lowry at Royal Portrush (2019) have all lifted the Claret Jug since 2007. In that period, no other nation has produced as many British Open Champions as Ireland. The courses and weather conditions suit players from the Emerald Isle and they seem to be extra motivated when playing on British soil. Irish players are worth considering each-way in the outright market, no matter how big their odds. Take a look at our list of the most recent British Open Champions for a list of names to watch out for.
- ⛳Market Suitability: For beginners, one of the keys to success when betting on golf is finding out which markets play to your strengths and which ones expose your weaknesses. Once you discover the British Open betting market most likely to provide you with winners you should be able to generate a profit in the long run. Don’t forget to take a look at our section on British Open betting markets for help with this.
- ⛳Stats Matter: One of the best ways to uncover potential winning British Open Championship bets is to study recent form and statistics on the British Open official site. Things like recent stats on greens reached in regulation, fairway accuracy and average putts per round are all good indicators as to how a player might perform. If the stats suggest a good display could be on the cards then a bet is often warranted.
- ⛳British Open Championship Betting Bonus Offers: In our British Open betting bonuses and promotions section we discussed some of the most common and popular British Open Championship promotions. If you see an enhanced odds offer about a player you fancy, then great! However, not every Open Championship offer is worth taking advantage of and you should never have a bet just because there is a promotion you like the look of.
Last 5 British Open Champions List
Below you can see a list of the last 5 British Open Championship winners. If you are struggling for inspiration regarding who to bet on for the next British Open then the players below represent a good starting point. You already know they have what it takes to win the Claret Jug and the key thing is to check whether the course is going to play to their strengths. Plus, British Open Champions often end up in the Ryder Cup, so best to learn as much about them before the bi-annual tournament as possible.
You can find out lots more useful information on the course characteristics for the next tournament on both the tournament’s official site and the official site for The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St. Andrews, who organises the British Open Championship.
British Open Betting FAQs
Where can I get the best British Open Championship odds?
If any bookie was guaranteed to always have the best British Open Championship odds it would make life so much easier. As we mentioned in our British Open betting advice section, getting the best odds is crucial. However, the reality is that when you are betting on the British Open Championship you will need to shop around to ensure you are not missing out on the best odds.
Do any UK betting sites have British Open live streaming?
No, right now we couldn’t find any UK bookies that facilitated live streaming of the British Open. You can stream many other sports with the likes of Unibet and Bet365, including football, tennis, horse racing, basketball and lots more. If there are any changes to the situation and British Open live streaming does become available we will update this page to let you know.
What is the best British Open betting mobile app?
We’re big fans of the Unibet betting app. It’s easy to use, and includes all the same features as the desktop site, but that’s just our opinion. It was hard for us to split our top British Open Championship mobile betting apps and we recommend trying as many as you can before deciding which one suits you the best.
When is the British Open Championship held?
Traditionally it was the 3rd of 4 majors on the calendar but that changed in 2019. The Open Championship is now the final major of the season and it will take place every summer, starting on the third Thursday in July. If you are planning on having a bet you should check out our list of the best British Open betting sites.