Forget “Home Alone” and turkey dinners, the best thing about the festive season is the darts at the Ally Pally! Placing a bet or two makes it even more enjoyable and on this page, you’ll find the best Darts World Championship betting sites.
You’ll also find expert darts betting advice, info on the PDC World Championship format and how to get the best darts odds!
Top 11 PDC World Darts Championships Betting Sites
- New Customers Only. Must be 18+.
- Deposit and bet £10 or more to receive a £30 free bet.
- A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £/$10 placed on any sports markets
- Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded.
- Free bets credited within 24 hours after qualifying bet settlement and expire after 30 days
- Free bet stakes not included in returns
- Bets placed using free bets as the stake (in full or in part) will not qualify.
- Offer excludes customers who make their first deposit using any method other than Credit/Debit Cards or Applepay.
- Offer excludes customers who have not verified their phone number by SMS.
- The offer excludes the following bet types: Canadian, Goliath, Heinz, Lucky 15, Lucky 31, Lucky 63, Patent, Super Heinz, Trixie & Yankee.
- Full T&C’s apply – Gamble Responsibly .
Open Account Offer
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 300% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £30* in Bet Credits. Once released your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
– Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
– In market/fixture combinations that only have two or three potential outcomes (for example Soccer Full Time Result), where you have placed bets on more than one potential outcome, either pre-match or In-Play, only the outcome with your highest cumulative stake will count.
– Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
– Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
– Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
- The code CD365 doesn't change the welcome offer.
- Registration required.
*or currency equivalent
T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
Open Account Offer
- Up to €100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365.
- Min deposit €5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
- Fast Bank Transfer, PayPal or paysafecard, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless you have completed Know Your Customer procedures (KYC) and entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC) or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
100% of your first deposit up to $200 + $10 Casino Bonus!
- Minimum qualifying deposit: $10
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Payment method restrictions: Deposits made with PayPal, Entropay, Neteller, Paysafecard, and Skrill are not eligible for this promotion
- Sports Wagering requirement: 6x bonus amount
- Odds restrictions: 1.50 (1/2)
- Time limit: Wagering requirements must be met within 60 days
- Users must opt-in to this promotion
- Cashed out and voided bets do not contribute to the wagering requirements for this offer
- Once the bonus has been activated, users may not withdraw any funds until the wagering requirements have been completed
- This promotion is only available to users residing in Canada
- 18+, New Customers Only
- Only available to new William Hill customers in the UK or Ireland;
- Customers must sign up using Promo Code P30;
- Only one ‘new account offer' per person, household address, email address, debit/credit card number, or IP address is allowed;
- Duplicate accounts will not qualify for this offer;
- This Promotion is not available to new accounts depositing funds with Entropay, Paypal, Neosurf, iDeal, Paysafe, Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, Kalibra/Postpay;
- Offer will run from 00:01 on 12 November 2019 until 23:59 on 31 March 2020;
- Only available for customers who deposit in GBP pounds (£) sterling or Euro (€) currencies;
- Qualifying bet must be placed with a unit stake of £10/€10 or greater;
- For bets placed as an Each Way bet, only the win part for the bet will count towards to offer;
- Qualifying bet must be placed at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater;
- Qualifying bet must be placed on the William Hill Sportsbook site only;
- Qualifying bet must be struck using funds from your main balance;
- Qualifying bet can be pre-match or in-play;
- Cash in my bet is not available for bets placed that trigger a free bet as part of a promotion until at least one selection has been resulted or is In-Play. At this point, Cash in my bet will become available as long as all the other availability conditions are met;
- Free bets will be paid as 2 x £15/€15 denominations;
- Free bets can be used on any sportsbook product (excluding tote, pool, and lottery bets);
- Free bets will be available for 30 days;
- Free Bet is non-refundable and may not be withdrawn;
- Free Bet stake will be excluded from any winnings;
- Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed;
- Cash in my bet will be available for bets placed using a free bet (minus the value of the initial free bet);
- Player, country, currency, Market restrictions and terms apply.
- £40 Money Back as Bonus on Your First Bet + £10 Casino Bonus.
- The minimum qualifying deposit is £10.
- You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at odds of 2/5 (1.40) in the Sportsbook, 25x for Casino.
- Your first bet is not considered to be a qualifying bet if betting on horse racing, greyhound racing, trotting, and/or virtual sports
- Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus
- The bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in.
- No deposit required for NI customers
- This offer applies to your first bet only. If you win your first bet the bonus has been used. If you place a system bet only the first settled column of £10 or higher will count towards the bonus.
- New Customers Only. 18+, Further T&Cs Apply.
Up to £100 Extra Winnings on your first LeoVegas SPORT bet.
- The maximum bet is £10 on odds of 2.0 (1/1) or higher.
- Only applies to first qualifying bet.
- Should you place a combination bet the total odds must be 2.0 (1/1) or higher.
- The qualifying bet must be placed with real funds.
- Skrill/Neteller deposits do not qualify.
- The qualifying bet has to be placed within 7 days from the first deposit.
- 18+, New Customers Only.
100% Matched Free Bet Up To $100
- Max. Bonus Amount: $100
- Min. Odds for Qualifying Bet: 2.00
- Qualifying bet must be placed within 7 days of registering your account
- Restricted Payment Methods: PaySafe, Skrill, Neteller
- Cashed Out or Partially Cashed Out bets are not considered to be qualifying bets
- Void bets, Special Markets, BetBoosts, and Enhanced Accas are not considered to be qualifying bets
- Free Bet Rules
- Free bets can be used on any sports
- Your free bet can be used on a whole bet, or a number of smaller bets
- Profit Limit: Amount of stake
- Free bets will expire within 7 days
- No Wagering Requirements apply to this promotion
- 18+ New Customers only
- Residents of Canada only
- Full Terms and Conditions apply
Get up to £25 in free bets beginning with a Bet £10 Get £5 free bet then up to four more £5 free bets.
- After the initial £5 free bet you will receive a matched free bet equal to a 50% average of your next 3 qualifying bets up to £5.
- This will happen for every three qualifying bets up to four times for a maximum of £20 in free bets not including the original free bet.
- Maximum free bet received from 3 qualifying bets is £5 (must place an average of £30 in 3 bets to qualify for the full £5).
- Free bet stakes do not contribute towards the customers qualifying bets.
- Qualifying bet must be the first bet placed on the account to qualify for the first free bet.
- Minimum first bet of £10 or more to qualify.
- Maximum first free bet of £5. Minimum odds of 1/2 or greater required to qualify. For multiple bets the combined odds must be 1/2 or greater.
- Qualifying bets must be placed on sportsbook markets.
- Your free bet will be awarded in the currency your account is held in.
- Cashed out bets will not qualify towards your average stake.
- All acquired free bets gained through other promotions will be removed from this offer.
- Offer available to new customers only. The First free bet will be applied within 1 hour of settlement of the £10 qualifying bet.
- Each free bet after this will be applied within 1 hour of settlement and qualification criteria based on your average stake.
- Bets placed on the same selection multiple times will not qualify for this offer.
- Free bet cannot be used over the same selections. Free bet stakes will not qualify for this offer. Free bets cannot be transferred. Free bets will expire within 7 days.
- Free bet stakes will not be included in any free bet returns.
- Free bets will not qualify for any other special offers such as Cash Back Specials, BPG & Extra Places, etc.
- Qualifying bet must be placed within 30 days of account opening.
- Offer applies to UK (excluding NI) customers only.
- Max Bonus Amount: €200 (or currency equivalent)
- Wagering Requirements: 20x bonus amount
- Bonus Code: BETBONUS
- Min Odds: 1.85
- Cancelled and refunded bets do not count towards wagering requirements
- 18+, New Customers only
- Full Terms & Conditions apply
Welcome Offer – Stake £10, Get £30 of Free Bets
- New players from UK only, 18+
- Minimum Deposit: £10
- Opt-in required by clicking on the “Claim” button on the player’s “My Offers” page.
- Offer must be claimed and qualifying bet must be made within 7 days of registration.
- Qualifying bet must be a bet of at least £10, with odds of 1.8 or greater.
- Once the qualifying bet settles 3 x £10 free bets will be awarded as follows: 1 x £10 Horse racing, 1 x £10 Free Bet Builder and 1 x £10 Football.
- Stake not returned
- Free bets expire seven days after they are awarded if they remain unused.
- Full terms apply, BeGambleAware.org
Up to £35 in Free Bets
- Maximum Bonus Amount: 5x £5 Free Bets
- Qualifying Bet:
- odds 1/2 (2.00)
- Cannot be placed in-play
- Cannot be Cashed Out
- Number of Free Bets by Qualifying Bet Value:
- £5 to £9 = 1 x £5 free bet.
- £10 to £14 = 2 x £5 free bets.
- £15 to £19 = 3 x £5 free bets.
- £20 to £24 = 4 x £5 free bets.
- Free Bets must be used on single, fixed odds sports bets
- Free Bet winnings are paid exclusive of stake
- Free Bets must be claimed within 28 days of opening
- Restricted Countries: This Bonus is only available to users in the United Kingdom & Ireland
- 18+ New Customers only
- Full T&Cs apply
Profit Boost up to 100% up to £100.
- Customers must select one of the options from the drop down menu on the promotions page. Options are as follows:
- 100% boost on £10 bet
- 90% boost on £20 bet
- 80% boost on £30 bet
- 70% boost on £40 bet
- 60% boost on £50 bet
- 50% boost on £60 bet
- 40% boost on £70 bet
- 30% boost on £80 bet
- 20% boost on £90 bet
- 10% boost on £100 bet
Additional terms apply.
- Available to customers from the UK and Ireland only.
- Minimum qualifying odds for the profit boost is Evs (1/1) (2.00).
- Skrill and Neteller deposits do not qualify for this offer.
- Minimum qualifying bet is £10. Maximum qualifying bet is £100.
- Customers must opt-in to claim the offer.
- 18+, First in-play bet only.
Grosvenor Welcome Bonus – 100% odds boost token
- Grosvenor welcome bonus has no wagering requirements and no minimum odds.
- After subscribing for the first time, players have 60 days to use the Grosvenor odds boost token, which can be used only once, after which it will be forfeited.
- Bet must be placed using real money in combination with the Odds Boost Token.
- Offer applies to Sport bets only. Maximum total stake is £10. Each way bets are a maximum of £5 each way (£10 total stake).
- Members depositing with Neteller or Skrill will not be eligible for this promotion.
- ‘Double the odds' refers to fractional odds only. For the avoidance of doubt, it is the profit from the eligible bet that is doubled.
- 18+, New Customers Only.
- Full Terms & Conditions apply.
Bet on World Darts Championships with Betfair
In the opinion of the Sportsbetting24 darts betting experts, Betfair hits the bullseye for Darts World Championship betting. They form their ante-post World Championship markets almost immediately after the tournament finishes, much sooner than most of their industry rivals. When it comes to getting the best PDC Darts World Championship odds, Betfair are always worth checking out too.
Anyone interested in getting some nice Darts World Championship betting promotions should pay Betfair a visit too. They have regular and very rewarding promotions and specials for the biggest event in darts. Live PDC Darts World Championship betting is another thing that Betfair has to offer and all things considered, it is easy to see why there is no better betting site for the PDC World Championship.
Recommended Darts World Championship Betting Markets
If you are planning on having a Darts World Championship punt you need to choose your market wisely. Some markets, like ‘Outright winner’ and ‘will there be a 170 finish’ are pretty risky and suit beginners or novices looking to have an interest in a match or the event.
Looking back at the history of the PDC World Championship it is clear to see that the best players usually dominate. So, keep that in mind when betting on the outright winner market.
Experienced darts bettors prefer to bet on less risky markets like handicap betting and total legs or sets markets as they give you a much greater chance of landing winning bets consistently, albeit at shorter odds. The table below gives you a rough idea of which markets are suited to beginners and which ones are best left to the pros.
|Betting Market||Risk||Recommended for|
(*risk can be managed, not volatility)
How to Find the Best Darts World Championship Odds
If you want to get the most out of winning World Darts Championship wagers, you need to find the best Darts World Championship betting odds. Not completing this relatively simple task could leave you out of pocket and that is why finding the best price is imperative. If you don’t, you are letting the bookies off the hook and the PDC World Championship odds comparison table* below perfectly illustrates how costly not getting the best odds can potentially be.
|Michael Van Gerwen||11/4 (3.75)||11/4 (3.75)||11/4 (3.75)|
|Gerwyn Price||11/2 (6.5)||9/2 (5.5)||9/2 (5.5)|
|Peter Wright||6/1 (7.0)||5/1 (6.0)||5/1 (6.0)|
|Gary Anderson||12/1 (13.0)||11/1 (12.0)||11/1 (12.0)|
|Glen Durrant||12/1 (13.0)||12/1 (13.0)||12/1 (13.0)|
|Nathan Aspinall||12/1 (13.0)||16/1 (17.0)||16/1 (17.0)|
|Michael Smith||20/1 (21.0)||22/1 (23.0)||22/1 (23.0)|
|Rob Cross||28/1 (29.0)||33/1 (34.0)||33/1 (34.0)|
|Devon Peterson||40/1 (41.0)||28/1 (29.0)||28/1 (29.0)|
|Dave Chisnall||40/1 (41.0)||40/1 (41.0)||40/1 (41.0)|
|*Odds For Display Purposes Only|
Let’s say that you had a sneaky feeling that ‘The Asp’ Nathan Aspinall was going to go all the way in this year’s tournament. Even though Betfair had the best odds about the top 5 in the World Darts Championship betting odds market, for Aspinall they were only offering 12/1 (13.0). However, both 888sport and Unibet were offering 16/1 (17.0) about the Englishman.
It doesn’t take a genius to work out that if you had a £10 winning bet on Aspinall with Betfair you’d be getting a much lower return (£40 less) than you would if you placed the exact same bet with 888sport or Unibet. So, never just take the first price you see about any player. Compare and contrast the odds between as many bookies as you can and that way, you will get the most out of your winning bets.
Expert Darts World Championship Betting Advice
- Previous Ally Pally Experience It takes a player with nerves of steel to go all the way in the PDC Darts World Championship. Many players freeze under the pressure on the big stage and having previous experience of playing at the Alexandra Palace is a huge advantage. So, focus on players who have played in the Darts World Championship before if you are having an outright bet.
- Doubles For Dough Although having a high scoring average is a big help, if a player is struggling to hit their doubles it is a massive negative. Don’t be afraid to back a player with a lower average in a match if they have been more accurate with their finishing. For example, Michael Smith is a player who hits loads of 180s but when it comes to finishing games off, he often struggles to hit his doubles. Players like him are worth taking on with underdogs who have good finishing stats in the early rounds.
- Pick The Right Market Once you have picked one of our top Darts World Championship betting sites, your next task is selecting the market that gives you the best chance of winning. If you are 100% sure about who will win a match and they are a heavy favourite, you could have a bet on the handicap market to get a better price than in the match betting market. In matches that are too tough to call it can pay to focus on other markets like Total 180s or Highest Checkout.
- Early Round Upsets If you are looking for a winning bet at decent odds, backing underdogs in the early rounds can pay. As the tournament gets into the later stages and the matches become longer, it gets tougher for the lower-ranked players to win. However, in the first round in particular upsets are much more likely and backing underdogs can be a very profitable enterprise, once you pick the right ones!
- Utilise Available Resources Although form can sometimes go out the window in the high-pressure environment at the Alexandra Palace, you should still utilise the available resources to see how players have performed in recent tournaments. Head to head stats are another thing you should always research before you have a bet on a match and you should also look back at past winners of the World Darts Championship too.
Live PDC World Darts Championship Betting
If you want to add even more excitement to the viewing experience you should give live PDC Darts World Championship betting a try. Darts is a fast, furious and high-scoring game and you can tell an awful lot about how a player is feeling by looking at their body language.
Once you get to know the tell-tale signs of how a player is coping (or not coping) mentally, you could make hay by betting on them or backing against them. You can bet live on the PDC World Darts Championship with the vast majority of betting sites listed above.
|💡 TIP! If you’re still new to live betting, our experts’ in-play betting advice and tips is essential reading! Benefit from years of experience with betting sites and live betting!|
For the last renewal of this massive tournament, a few World Darts Championship betting sites had live streaming available. Betfair, William Hill and bet365 were among those that offered live streaming to their members, but it isn’t guaranteed that they will have the rights to stream the next PDC World Championship. Keep an eye out for news updates closer to the event to see who has live streaming available for this year’s event.
In the UK, Sky Sports have the exclusive television broadcast rights for the World Darts Championship. If you are planning on betting in-play, you really need to be able to access live pictures. As we mentioned in the previous section, you have to be able to see the body language of players if you want to make live Darts World Championship betting a profitable pastime.
A total of 96 players compete in the PDC Darts World Championship. It starts in mid-December and ends with the final on New Year’s Day. The top 32 on the Order Of Merit are seeded and start the tournament in Round 2. The top 32 from the Pro Tour Order of Merit and another 32 International Qualifiers play against each other in Round 1. The match format is single in, double out and as the tournament goes on, match lengths increase.
The 1st and 2nd rounds are best of 5 sets, rounds 3 & 4 are best of 7, the Quarterfinals are best of 9, the semis best of 11 and the final is best of 13 sets. The winner collected a very cool cheque of £500k last time and the total prize money is £2.5 million. If a player manages to hit two 9-dart finishes during the event, they will pocket a £100k bonus. For the latest news on the draw and entries keep an eye on the PDC official site.
|Year||Winner (score)||Runner-Up (score)|
|2020||Peter Wright (7)||Michael Van Gerwen (3)|
|2019||Michael Van Gerwen (7)||Michael Smith (3)|
|2018||Rob Cross (7)||Phil Taylor (2)|
|2017||Michael Van Gerwen (7)||Gary Anderson (3)|
|2016||Gary Anderson (7)||Adrian Lewis (5)|
|2015||Gary Anderson (7)||Phil Taylor (6)|
|2014||Michael Van Gerwen (7)||Peter Wright (4)|
|2013||Phil Taylor (7)||Michael Van Gerwen (4)|
|2012||Adrian Lewis (7)||Andy Hamilton (3)|
|2011||Adrian Lewis (7)||Gary Anderson (5)|
- No player will ever come close to matching Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor’s amazing record of 14 wins and total of 19 final appearances over a 25 year spell.
- Dutch Dartist Raymond van Barneveld achieved the first two 9-dart finishes in World Championship History, in 2009 v Jelle Klaasen and in 2010 v Brendan Dolan.
- The highest ever match average was 114.05 by Michael Van Gerwen in his semi-final vs Raymond Van Barneveld.
- Van Gerwen also holds the record for the best average across an entire tournament with 106.32 in 2017. Unsurprisingly, he was the Champion that year.
|💡 Darts World Championship Fun Fact: Widely considered the greatest darts player of all time, Phil Taylor incredibly went unbeaten in the tournament for 8 years between 1995 and 2003, a total of 44 matches.|
The History of the PDC World Championship
The 1992 split in darts was the catalyst for the players that left the now-defunct British Darts Organisation (BDO) to set up their own darts board, the World Darts Corporation (WDC). In 1994 the WDC became the PDC and the first PDC Darts World Championship was held at the Circus Tavern. That was the venue until a huge growth in interest prompted a move to the much bigger Alexandra Palace in 2008. Not only is the game attracting more fans and viewers, but over 14,000 people are also now playing the game in the UK (source Statista report).
Sky Sports added new glitz and glamour to darts, and this was one of the main reasons for the explosion in popularity. In the first-ever PDC World Championship, the prize fund was just £64k with £16k going to the winner Dennis Priestly. Peter Wright took home £500k when he won in 2020. Only 24 players competed in the first PDC World Championship, 14 of the original BDO defectors and 10 invited players. The first woman to ever win a match at the World Darts Championship was Fallon Sherrock. She won two matches in the 2019/20 event, beating Ted Evetts and Mensur Suljovic.
Darts World Championship Betting FAQs
What’s the best Darts World Championship betting site?
We recommend trying all of the bookies that make our top list but if we had to choose just one, it would have to be Betfair. They have Live World Darts Championship betting, live streaming, lots of markets and competitive odds. In other words, they have every angle covered.
Where can I find the best Darts World Championship odds?
You won’t find the best Darts World Championship betting odds at the same site for every bet you place. Generally speaking, 888bet and Unibet are usually extremely competitive price wise, as are Betfair. However, comparing and contrasting prices from as many bookies as possible is the only way to find the best Darts World Championship odds.
Which World Darts Championship betting sites have live streaming?
For the last renewal of this massive event the World Darts Championship betting sites that had live streaming included bet365, Betfair and the tournament sponsors William Hill. It hasn’t been yet confirmed whether they have secured live World Darts Championship streaming rights this year, so check closer to the event for updates.
What are the most common PDC World Championship bets?
There are quite a number of PDC World Championship bets and markets that punters can make money from. Match betting, handicap betting, total 180s and most 180s are amongst the most popular Darts World Championship wagers. However, don’t just limit yourself to those markets and keep your options open.
What’s a good Darts World Championship betting strategy?
If you want to land winning bets consistently when betting on this competition the first thing you should do is check out our expert Darts World Championship betting advice. This will help you find more winners and is a much better approach than blindly following online darts tipsters.