It might be easy for some to think of Epic Games’ hit title Fortnite as just a fad for tweens, but this Battle Royale game revolutionised the way many companies think about games, eSports, and eSports betting.
Fortnite Betting is one of the most sought-after forms of eSports betting around, and not enough eSports betting sites offer the option. The ones that do, however, tend to create amazing Fortnite betting experiences, such as our top picks for the Best Fortnite Betting sites below:
Top 5 Fortnite Betting Sites
Open Account Offer
- Available to new customers only. Make a qualifying deposit of £5* or more and claim the offer within 30 days of registering your account to qualify for 300% of that amount in Bet Credits, up to a maximum of £30* in Bet Credits. Once released your Bet Credits will be held in your account balance and are non-withdrawable
- To release your Bet Credits for use, you must place qualifying bets to the value of your qualifying deposit (capped at £10*) and they must settle within 30 days of claiming the offer. Only qualifying bets settled after claiming the offer will count towards this requirement.
- Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, paysafecard and all other prepaid credit and debit cards, where available, cannot be used for either your qualifying deposit or any subsequent withdrawal of returns from Bet Credits stakes unless we have successfully verified an accepted form of your Identity Documents and you have entered a Postal Verification Code (PVC), or we have successfully verified two accepted forms of your Identity Documents. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Bets placed must meet certain conditions to count towards the release of your Bet Credits:
– Must contain at least one selection at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or greater.
– In market/fixture combinations that only have two or three potential outcomes (for example Soccer Full Time Result), where you have placed bets on more than one potential outcome, either pre-match or In-Play, only the outcome with your highest cumulative stake will count.
– Where a stake has been partially Cashed Out, only the remaining active stake will count.
– Where a bet has been edited using our Edit Bet feature, only the new stake on the new bet will count.
– Fully Cashed Out, Instant Games, Gaming, void bets or In-Play bets which are settled as a push will not count.
- Your Bet Credits are non-withdrawable, and Bet Credits stakes are not included in any returns. Any returns from Bet Credits placed will be added to your Withdrawable Balance. Bet Credits cannot be used on certain products, offers/promotions and bet types. See full Terms and Conditions for details.
- Your Bet Credits will be forfeit and removed if your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days.
- The code CD365 doesn't change the welcome offer.
- Registration required.
*or currency equivalent
T&Cs, time limits and exclusions apply.
£10 First Matched Free Bet
- Maximum Free Bet Value: £10
- Minimum Qualifying Deposit: £10
- Eligible Payment Methods: Debit Cards
- Customers must place a qualifying bet to activate their Free Bet bonus
- Qualifying Bet Minimum Odds: 1.75 (3/4) or higher
- Free bets will expire 7 days after receipt, even if not activated
- All returns from bets placed with a free bet do not include the free bet stake
- The Free Bet cannot be used to place multi-line multiple bets (e.g. Trixie’s, Patents, Yankees etc.)
- If a free bet is used on a selection that becomes voided, the free bet will be returned to your account
- A redeemed Free Bet will not count towards qualification to view streamed events
- 18+, New Customers only, residents of the UK only
- Full T&Cs apply
- £40 Money Back as Bonus on Your First Bet + £10 Casino Bonus.
- The minimum qualifying deposit is £10.
- You must wager your bonus money 3x to make it withdrawable at odds of 2/5 (1.40) in the Sportsbook, 25x for Casino.
- Your first bet is not considered to be a qualifying bet if betting on horse racing, greyhound racing, trotting, and/or virtual sports
- Unless forfeited the sportsbook bonus must be wagered before using the casino bonus
- The bonus will expire after 7 days of opt-in.
- No deposit required for NI customers
- This offer applies to your first bet only. If you win your first bet the bonus has been used. If you place a system bet only the first settled column of £10 or higher will count towards the bonus.
- New Customers Only. 18+, Further T&Cs Apply.
Up to £100 Extra Winnings on your first LeoVegas SPORT bet.
- The maximum bet is £10 on odds of 2.0 (1/1) or higher.
- Only applies to first qualifying bet.
- Should you place a combination bet the total odds must be 2.0 (1/1) or higher.
- The qualifying bet must be placed with real funds.
- Skrill/Neteller deposits do not qualify.
- The qualifying bet has to be placed within 7 days from the first deposit.
- 18+, New Customers Only.
When it comes to picking a bookie for your Fortnite World Cup needs, look no further than bet365. Live streaming, diverse Fortnite betting markets, and some of the best value odds you can hope to find.
Bet365 isn’t just an obvious choice for Fortnite betting, but the obvious choice for any of kind of betting. In an industry as competitive as the online bookmaker landscape, you don’t end up king of the jungle unless you have some serious chops to back it up.
Betway are one of our top picks for Fortnite betting for so many different reasons. For starters, they were one of the first bookies to ever offer legal Fortnite betting. And then you take into account their varied spread of pre-match and in-play Fortnite betting markets, and their easy-to-use UI and live streaming of the Fortnite World Cup, and you can’t go wrong.
Betway are one of the world’s most famous online bookies, and were pioneers in the legal eSports betting market. Whether you’re into Fortnite betting or regular sportsbetting, Betway is likely to keep you happy.
We can’t talk about Fortnite Betting without mentioning Unibet. Unibet is one of our all-time favourite sportsbooks, and we look forward to seeing their phenomenal odds each time the Fortnite World Cup rolls around.
Unibet are a great site for Fortnite bettors who are new to betting, with their clean, simple UI and the great value odds they provide. If you’re looking for a straightforward Fortnite betting site, Unibet’s the site for you.
What is Fortnite?
Fortnite is a Battle Royale game, meaning that 100 player-controlled characters jump out of a plane (or in this case, a rocket-propelled school bus), and land on an island. The island is full of different areas, such as an arid, icy area, an active volcano, a lush rainforest, a futuristic megapolis, and more.
Once the players land, they have one primary objective: Be the last man standing. A deadly, toxic storm slowly forces players closer and closer together to ensure that players end up in the same places and that conflict ensues.
How do players interact with each other in Fortnite?
The main way that players interact in Fortnite is by trying to kill each other. As soon as they land, players scramble to find loot and chests containing weapons, ammo, and other items that either kill other players or prevent the user from being killed.
Players can choose between sniping others from afar, getting up close and personal, or building impossible-looking ziggurats in the blink of an eye to control the battlefield and out-maneuver their opponents.
Fortnite is more of a Building Game than a Shooting Game
Probably the biggest misconception that people have about Fortnite is that it’s a shooting game. Even at amateur level, it’s clear to see that the endgame isn’t dominated by the best marksmen, but by the fastest builders. Players can harvest wood, concrete, and steel from the environment and use it to build structures, hallways, ramps, and basically anything they can imagine.
A novice player might take up to 5 seconds to build a simple 1×1 box, however a more experienced player can build something resembling the Trump tower in the same amount of time.
An Ever-Shifting, Living Game
The main reason that Fortnite has managed to live on, despite being considered a “fad” at one point, is that Fortnite is entirely unique. The game changes every few months, as “Seasons” of the game begin and end. Each “Season” adds new weapons, or new areas, new skins, and more; and removes some other things. This means that if you play Fortnite once every three months, each time will present you with a slightly different experience than the one before. This is great news for Fortnite betting enthusiasts, as there’s always a new weapon or area that can shake up the game.
Match Types – How is Fortnite Played Competitively?
While the game itself has a long list of rotating game types, the competitive scene only really deals with three different match types. These are the game’s core modes, and are pretty much always available, meaning pro gamers and eAthletes can always practice, play, and stream these match types.
Solos – The Classic
This is the core Battle Royale experience. Every player for themselves, and 99 other players on the map. While that number seems shocking at first, players don’t actually need to take down 99 others, as a lot of players will take each other down before you even get near them.
A “high” kill-count is anything above 20 kills, meaning your ability to survive, hide, and heal is just as important as how lethal you can be.
Duos – Brothers in Arms
This one is pretty self-explanatory. Players pair up and take on other pairs to remain the last pair standing. This means that if you get knocked down, your partner can quickly erect a protective structure around you and help you get back into the game. This also means that your partner can pick up your reboot card when you die and resurrect you at one of the many reboot vans placed across the map.
In some ways, Duos can be even more tense and brutal than Solos can, because you might have to take the same enemy down multiple times before they’re out for the count.
Squads – Get the whole Gang together
This is where things can get very interesting, and very messy. 25 squads land on the island and need to fight for the title of Last Squad Standing. Squads can contain up to 4 members, though can include fewer, meaning things can get a bit messy when deciding on what’s a “fair” fight or not.
Like with Duos, Squad members can help team members recover when they get knocked down, and they can use reboot vans to revive killed team members, making Squad matches brutal at times.
Fortnite Betting Markets
In the world of eSports betting, unique betting markets are the name of the game. When the sport you’re betting on takes place in a virtual world with its own physics and rules, a lot of cool betting opportunities pop up that are unique to that specific game. Fortnite betting is no different. In a world where 100 people jump out of a flying schoolbus to parachute onto an island where their only objective is to kill everyone else, a lot of things can happen.
Okay, so this particular betting market isn’t exactly “unique” to Fortnite betting, but with 100 players/ 50 Duos/ 25 Squads on the map, this is one of the most difficult betting markets to predict. This is a particularly fun bet to place during live betting, as the herd culls itself.
Highest Kill Count – Over/Under for Match
This one draws in plenty of punters. This is an over/under bet on how high or low the highest kill count will be, regardless of which player makes those kills. With there being so many people on the map, it can be really difficult to predict whether the highest kill count will get anywhere near 20 kills or not. With so many variables to keep track of, this is definitely a favourite.
Highest Kill Count – Player
This is similar to the bet above, though instead of making an over/under bet on how high the number will go, this is a bet on which player will end up being the one with the highest kill count. Anyone who may be confused and wondering how this is different than match winner: A match winner can technically win a match with only one kill. All they need to do is survive until the end of the match and outlive everyone else as the storm encroaches. We’ve seen players simultaneously score the highest number of kills while also being knocked out around the middle of the match. Definitely an exciting in-play betting market to wager on.
Survival – Over/Under
This is when punters place an over/under bet on how long specific players/ Duos/ Squads survive. This might seem like an easy bet to win, but we’ve seen even top players knocked out early because of bad timing, bad loot finds, etc. Definitely an interesting pre-match bet to put in there before tucking in to your main-course of diverse in-play betting markets.
Biggest Fortnite Tournaments
Fortnite is still a burgeoning eSport, so there aren’t as many tournaments as you’d find with, for example, League of Legends or Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Also, because the game doesn’t make it possible for people to set up their own amateur tournaments, only tournaments either organized by Epic Games or who get the Epic Games seal of approval can really take place.
The Fortnite World Cup
This is the Holy Grail of Fortnite tournaments, as well as Fortnite betting opportunities. As the largest Fortnite tournament, as well as the one with the largest prize pool, the Fortnite World Cup attracts millions of viewers as well as the world’s biggest media outlets.
This happens every Summer, with international qualifiers taking place throughout the Spring leading up to it.
Fortnite Champion Series Finals
The Champion Series Finals are exclusive, invite-only tournaments that culminate in the Grand Finals, with the top 24 teams from each region coming together to face off for the regional crown. With 7 different regions, the Fortnite Champion Series creates tons of Fortnite betting opportunities for punters and fans.
Fortnite Betting Tips
Considering how often the game changes, we don’t recommend using Fortnite betting tip sites to inform your wagers. However, there are some core aspects of the game that don’t change, and making sure you have a solid foundation will make it easier to make quick decisions while building your betting slip.
Here’s our take on the core Fortnite betting tips that every punter needs:
- Play the game yourself at least once Fortnite is a free game that’s available on PC, Mac, Ps4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. If you’re a human being with internet access, it’s extremely likely that you have at least one device that can run the game. Most people have two or three. Use this to your advantage to get a feel for the game, how responsive the controls are, and the general pacing of a match.
- Keep up to date on the game’s seasons As we said above, Fortnite is a living game, meaning things change all the time. This means that the game’s meta (i.e. the most popular competitive strategy at a given time) changes every time a new season Keeping up to date on what’s going on in the game will make it a lot easier for you to make your betting decisions.
- Watch the matches you’re betting on Fortnite can be an extremely unpredictable game, and half the fun of Fortnite betting is watching how professional players react to what they’re presented with. The easiest way to make sure that you’re betting from an informed perspective is to follow along and watch the match. Many eSports betting sites include live-streaming options, and if they don’t you can likely find the match streamed on Twitch, Mixr, or YouTube for free.
- Watch Fortnite streamers in general Fortnite was the internet’s most streamed game in both 2018 and 2019, and hundreds of thousands of gamers continue to stream their daily matches every single day, including pro gamers and eAthletes. Watching top-tier players play the game regularly is probably the easiest and fastest way to become a veritable Fortnite expert and really give your Fortnite betting skills an edge.
The Most Legendary Fortnite Players
Kyle “Bugha” Giersdorf is the youngest player on this list, born in December 2002, but one of the most highly decorated. Bugha shot to fame in 2019 when he managed to win the World Cup Solos Final. Determined to not be a one-hit-wonder, Bugha consistently places in tournaments, and specializes in Solo matches. That isn’t to say that he doesn’t do well in Duos or Squads, but that that history has shown that he’s far more likely to place in the top 3 when playing Solo matches, which is definitely something Fortnite bettors should be aware of.
Tyler “Ninja” Blevins is one of the most successful pro gamers the world has ever seen. An ex-Halo eAthlete, Ninja is currently a Fortnite streamer who exclusively streams on Mixr, Microsoft’s streaming platform.
Ninja made headlines in 2018 for being the first streamer to earn over $10 million, and for racking up over 225 million hours viewed over the year. He found himself in the news yet again in 2019, when he very publicly ended his partnership with Twitch to move his streaming channel to Mixr. While Ninja hasn’t always had the best luck in Fortnite tournaments, he’s one of those influential players who has a huge impact on the game’s meta.
Turner “Tfue” Tenney has been described as the “Fortnite Frat Bro”, and while some people love him and others hate him, his in-game skills are undeniable. Tfue might not take home tons of gold medals when he plays in competitive tournaments, but you can always count on him to rack up a decent body count before being taken out. Fortnite bettors should be aware that Tfue does markedly better when competing in Duos and Squads than he does when competing in Solo tournaments. As a streamer who spends his days playing Duos and Squads with fellow streamers, it’s unsurprising, yet definitely worth noting for punters.
Ali “Myth” Kabbani is a player for Team SoloMid North America and has been credited for being responsible for Fortnite’s focus on building rather than straight-up gunplay. Since then, his competitive career has been less than stellar, though he still managed to rank in the top 30 in the world for Global Wins, and remains one of the most popular Fortnite eAthletes.
David “aqua” Wang is a player for Cooler Esport, and owes his fame for his joint win in the 2019 World Cup Duos Finals. Since then, aqua has done exceptionally well, including winning the 2019 Trymacs Invitational Tournament, and consistently placing in a variety of other events. Fortnite bettors should know that aqua typically does well in all three match types, though has a clear preference for Solos and Duos. When betting on aqua in a Duos match, he has consistently performed his best when partnered with stompy, a player from Eleven Gaming.
Fortnite Betting FAQs
Is Fortnite an eSport?
Yes, Fortnite is indeed an eSport. As a Battle Royale game, though, this means that it follows a different platform than your standard eSport, and its tournaments tend to be organized differently. Fortnite eSports betting, however, continues to grow, with major events like the Fortnite World Cup being the most popular Fortnite betting events.
What’s the best Fortnite betting site?
This will depend on what it is you need from a betting site. Our picks for the top three betting sites would have to be bet365, Betway, and Unibet. Each of these bookies is well-known for being at the top of their game, and providing their punters with phenomenal odds, and unique features such as live streaming, odds matching, and more.
Where can I find the best Fortnite betting tips?
Considering the game, and thus the meta, changes so often, we don’t recommend making your Fortnite betting decisions based on things you read online. Follow our guide above for the best way to equip yourself with the knowledge you need to make all of your own Fortnite betting decisions.