Sportsbetting24 is a proud promoter of responsible gambling. We are never going to subdue to practices which will endanger you in any way possible. Our team of experienced authors follows strict guidelines and the information we put on display is in line with all responsible gambling standards. Transparency and objectivity are among our top principles which are reflected in any piece of content you see at Sportsbetting24.
Betting, including online betting, should be considered entertainment, and nothing else. It is a pastime for adults, meaning only 18+ individuals can indulge in any form of gambling, betting included.
Online Betting Site Responsible Gambling Measure
UK online betting sites are at the forefront of promoting and establishing responsible gambling measures and mechanisms. Together, with a range of responsible gambling organisations, they’ve integrated rather helpful features which track the bettor’s activity. However, there are a few that require your direct attention. Although many bettors do not take them seriously, we recommend to consider setting at least one of the below mentioned limits:
- Deposit Limits – How much you can deposit per day/week/month.
- Wager Limits – How much you can wager per day/week/month.
- Session Limits – How much time you spend at online betting sites.
- Loss Limits – How much you can lose, before you’re blocked from placing more bets.
In addition, there are a few other mechanisms that have greatly reduced the level of irresponsible gambling. They are used more often than you might think, and they are as follows:
- Self-Exclusion – A period of time during which you CANNOT place bets
- Reality Checks – A timer indicates how much time you’ve spent betting
- KYC Verification – A procedure which is of paramount importance for bettors who have self-excluded, Anti-money laundering and ensuring only 18+ customers join the online bookmakers.
Responsible Gambling Organisations
In the early days, responsible gambling organisations were frowned upon. However, today, they are much needed, and they have a rather important role in the online gambling industry. The dangers and the negative effects of gambling are subtle, and these advocates have invested tons of resources to point them out and put them on display. Moreover, it’s almost never too late to ask for help if you think it’s necessary.
You don’t necessarily need to be experiencing problems to visit these websites. You can learn a lot about how you can stay in control.
Responsible Gambling Week in the UK
When it comes to responsible gambling, we really can’t make any compromises. We, as a community member that is aware of the threats of excessive gambling, like to promote safe and responsible gambling, one that brings joy and excitement, without inducing any harm to players and their families.
Responsible Gambling Week is an initiative that comes around every November. The aim is to reach out to punters and online casino players who may be experiencing issues and to help connect them with any help they may need.
If you or someone you know is exhibiting online betting behaviour that could be considered problematic, please contact one of the organisations listed above, or click the image below.
Online betting doesn’t need to be harmful. If you can manage your time and your bankroll, it can just be a hobby.
If you think your behaviour, or that of a loved one, is becoming problematic, remember that there is no need to feel shame. Help and resources are available, so people don’t need to address the issue alone.
Also, remember that the organisations listed on this page are all committed to protecting your anonymity. They will not disclose any of your information to third parties without explicit consent. This means that getting help with a problem doesn’t have to damage your personal or professional reputation.
How to Know If You are Spending too Much on Betting?
Here a few questions, which if answered objectively, will give you an idea where you stand. This is the first step towards responsible online betting!
- Do you consider betting a source of income?
- Do you lie about how much spend on betting?
- Are you an impulsive bettor? Do you bet more when you are under pressure from other real life problems?
- Have you ever spent rent/groceries/utilities money on betting?
- Have you ever felt that gambling is eating away a big part of your disposable income?
- Have you ever had problems at work or school because of gambling?
- Do you prefer gambling instead of spending quality time with your friends and family?
- Do you consider gambling the only exciting element in your life?
- Does gambling make you depressed overall?
- Has anyone ever told you that you’re spending too much time and money gambling?
If the answers to these questions got you thinking, you can visit any of the aforementioned responsible gambling websites and follow the instructions. Your privacy is guaranteed!